FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

If any of you know of a Trinidadian restaurant close by, treat yourselves to a curry goat or curry chicken roti (with slight peppa and tamarind sauce ). Ask if they have any doubles, some only do it on wekkends. You won't be disappointed.

Been trying to hit this spot....

Been on a jerk chicken rampage.

Best jerk in the east, possibly in the city. Island Spice.

IMG_20180801_173901.jpg

spiceman80 spiceman80
Do you think a spot can have the best Jerk Chicken in a city if it is made in the oven?

Been trying to hit this spot....

Looks dope, for some reason I didn't see this at first. One thing I missed the most about not being in brooklyn is all the caribbean spots on every corner of Utica, Flatbush, Nostrand etc :rofl:

spiceman80 spiceman80
Do you think a spot can have the best Jerk Chicken in a city if it is made in the oven?

They can still have some good jerk chicken from the oven, but not the best. Most of our in home jerk pork and chicken is done in the oven, and it's still good. But it would never compare to that on grill taste. Spring and summertime in Brooklyn, those shops have their guys out there cooking on the grills that look like barrels, or converted oil drums, lol. Nothing better than walking buy and getting hit in the face with that smoke and a whiff of that jerk smell :nthat::nthat:

Not sure what this particular event is for, but the guy on the grill is what I was referring to during the warmer months in BK. But when labor day comes for the West Indian Day parade, watch out now. Food, drinks, and sexy women gyrating in their costumes :evil::evil: What more can you ask for.

Last edited:
Altered the recipe slightly. Shredded my own cheese this time. Added tomato paste to the sauce which gave it a thicker consistency and slight sweetness. Mistakenly added sugar to the dough which is why it's a little browner. Also didn't brush the crust part with oil or anything because that made it hard to bite into. Gonna make it once more before I stick with the recipe
20190519_155056.jpg

20190520_165448.jpg

20190520_172520.jpg

giphy.gif
you done did it again tay1 tay1

You don’t have any Salvadorian spots by you?

My favorite Salvi restaurant by me does this plate called the Plato Tipico that a lot of Salvi places do some variation of.
A99DF30C-6D9E-4268-A543-8ED3F8F53997.jpeg

Pupusas, plantains, yuca and chicharron all on one plate :emoji_hugging:
yeah
but i want jerk chicken too
and mac n cheese

Back
Top Bottom