FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I've heard its a no brainer they are the best. Gino's and others might be more well known but Jim's is the spot I hear from the locals

Heard the same thing. Pat’s and Geno’s get the hype, but Jim’s is really the best.

Last time I was in Philly, did a taste test with Pat’s and Geno’s on the same night and honestly don’t remember which I preferred. Enjoyed both:

I’ve yet to see you post an actual meal in this thread. That “useless contribution” is a gold title for you.
8EC2019A-6315-4CD6-80C1-1F819521469A.jpeg

Picked up some pancakes from my local deli a few days ago. Now I’m good for another month of useless posts in here.

jims is aite its really good but not my favorite... just not a fan of the really fine chopped up steak but it is good... never had ishkibbles so cant say if its good or not... and obviously both are a tourist spot but pats and tony lukes is really good and are my top spots after joes... just love the steak there and it not being chopped what makes it even better in my books...still need to try johns roast pork for their cheesesteak and roast pork... maybe this summer i will hit it up

Woodrow's Sandwich shop a few blocks down from Jim's is really good. Their cajun fries with truffle cheese sauce is banging!

I think I told this story, but wanted a philly cheesesteak, so the wife and I hit up tony luke's. Ate it before we drove back to the DMV. Bubble guts hit on 495 by the Mormon Temple, and thought I could wait it out until I got home...traffic was moving. Then traffic came to a stop. Sweats hit immediately :lol: Called my parents, because they lived not too far from there and eventually got off 495. Told my mom to leave the door open to their house. Put my car in park in the middle of the street and ran like Usain Bolt to the bathroom. That was the last time I ever at a philly cheesesteak. :lol:

Idk I just throw them on the coals.
Far more effective to throw them on top of the fire. I find they get smothered and lost when directly in the coals.

Plus you can flip when one side gets used up

Just personal preference.

Last edited:
When it comes to cheesesteaks, best ones are in the burbs imo. Affamato's my favorite right now.

Pat's gives you more meat than Geno's (pause).
Geno's is "cleaner".
Max's is good. It's also about 15 minutes from the best weed in N. Philly imo.
Jim's is better than the three I mentioned.

If you're looking for a huge mediocre cheesesteak, stuffed with chopped steak, try Pudge's in Blue Bell.
If you've never tried tomato pie, go check out Corropolese in Norristown.
Reading Terminal Market has some gems inside. Don't leave there without trying ice cream from Bassetts.
Haven't tried Ishkabibble's yet. Will be in town next weekend, so I might try it out.

Whiz is not frowned upon, but I prefer regular ol' white american cheese.

Never had Takis, but got the Trader Joe's knockoffs....man, that's DEFINITELY an acquired taste. If Takis taste anything like what I had, then salute to u and your taste buds. Couldn't be me.

Never had Takis, but got the Trader Joe's knockoffs....man, that's DEFINITELY an acquired taste. If Takis taste anything like what I had, then salute to u and your taste buds. Couldn't be me.
What don't you care for aboit that flavor?

Interesting. I don’t even think of those chips to be sour. But maybe it’s because I really like sour/tangy flavor.

It was like OD sour to me. I'm not one to waste food, but they went in the trash...no one in my family liked them either...should have returned them to TJs, but it was out of my way.

Yea, my brother didn't like those doritos either. He described the flavor as "too strong." I'm guessing he meant the lime.

Back
Top Bottom