FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Pork Jowl

i love this ****

Carne asada torta
hot sauce, carrots, jalapeños, not pictured.
r4glLDf.jpg

Sweet & sour pork with General Tso's chicken(spicy) w white rice and chow mein. This is from Safeway's Chinese Deli. Was like a time machine! Wasn't great but was exactly what I wanted.

Last edited:
Will be in Seattle this weekend, any suggestions/help?

Thanks in advance, and I will upload the pics when I get back...

Will be in Seattle this weekend, any suggestions/help?

Thanks in advance, and I will upload the pics when I get back...

A few suggestions... I have more, but you'll have quite a handful going to all of these.. :nerd:

Places in Seattle I'd suggest...
Milstead - good coffee and pastries
Molly Moon's - seattle's best ice cream place
Hot Cake's - molten lava cake, ice cream and caramels.
The Fat Hen - great eggs benedicts
Serious Biscuit - biscuit breakfast dishes (The Zach -> Fried Chicken, Egg, Bacon, Gravy, Biscuit)
Wandering Goose - fried chicken fridays, good breakfast and brunch spot, best biscuits in seattle.
Skillet Diner - chicken and waffles, good poutine, other good breakfast dishes
Musashi's - sushi and good chirashi bowls
Toulouse Petit - amazing french foods and good happy hour.
Hot Mama's - Good hole-in-the-wall pizza joint. Open late.
Harbor City Restaurant - favorite dim-sum spot.
Pinky's Kitchen - bbq meats food truck. (baked mac&cheese with your choice of meat on top with bbq sauce)
Paseo's - cuban sandwiches (highly raved, top 100 restaurants on yelp, best sandwich ever.)

Places 10-25 mins away from Seattle.
Girardi's Osteria (Edmond's, WA) - delicious italian dishes with great happy hour prices ($4-$6 per plate)
Kukai Ramen (Bellevue, WA) - my favorite ramen place
The Common's (Woodinville, WA) - cafe/restaurant with good environment and food.
The Donut Factory (Lynnwood, WA) - various cro-bars and donuts.

Last edited:
Slightly disappointing meat to bread ratio (for a Reuben), but damn that looks good. Where? :nerd:

Last edited:
Back from my San Diego trip and just wanted to thank the SoCal heads in here for all the food advice I have learned from all of you. This is part 1 of the food pics, I didn't want to flood the page haha. Had an amazing time, now back to Chicago.... :frown:
Five Guys Burger last meal so I can remember the taste before I compared it to the fabled In n Out

I only expected to eat at In N Out maybe once or twice... I fell in love... Five Guys doesn't even compare :pimp:

$1 Adobada Tacos at Jalapeno in Otay Ranch

Proscuito Ciabatta at L'Opera in downtown SD

Halo Halo at some local place. Never was big in to Filipino food but starting to appreciate it thanks to family. Well just the lechon and sweets but it is a starting point haha

California Monster Burrito from Los Primos. They put fries in the burritos!!! :smokin

Fried Zuchinni at Del Mar fair

Red White and Blue Cream Puff at Del Mar fair

I'll post the second round tomorrow! I am going to move to Southern California one day. Book it

Glad you got to enjoy SD. California burritos always has fresh fries in them. There are a few spots that just use potatoes but for the most part they use fries.

Back
Top Bottom