FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Lol my bad mi vida in Annapolis MD. They fell off. Last year their tacos were bomb they had brisket tacos, lamb etc. This time it was just mainly seafood and veggie. The quesadilla was bomb tho. That’s what my son had. It was probably the best quesadilla ever lol. They used 4 different cheeses. Those churro donuts were fire too. They used that la lechera condensed milk for dipping. It was cold but the donuts were piping hot. So great combination.
churro donuts sound good

Spud Max + Rotel cheese from McAlisters.
BEB90912-A440-4E85-B654-521B36293D5F.jpeg

Butter can be overused by some humans.

And what is hard to grasp about me thinking frying certain veggies is a waste?
Cause it’s delicious and adds flavor
Just like butter isn’t necessary but it makes it delicious

I think my problem is calling it a “waste”
do you think that about all fried foods or just vegetables?

Cause it’s delicious and adds flavor
Just like butter isn’t necessary but it makes it delicious

I think my problem is calling it a “waste”
do you think that about all fried foods or just vegetables?
I never asked why it was done, I know why it is done. It makes stuff taste good and gives it more texture.

I was asking YOU, why you didn't understand (not agree with) what I was saying about frying food.

But to clarify even more:

I view fried veggies (non-root veggies), as a waste of calories because veggies are supposed to be healthy. So I am taking this supposedly healthy item and frying it. It isn't worth the calories, from fat, IMO.

I feel the same way about Ranch Dressing on Salads. (Hell, DRENCHING salads in dressing).
I feel the same way about cheese on veggies.

Yes, butter makes things taste good, but Americans are so damn fat and generally don't understand moderation.

RE: Butter, I had a few houses I would hit up during the Holidays and they knew not to pre-butter my biscuits because I would prefer to control that myself.

I never asked why it was done, I know why it is done. It makes stuff taste good and gives it more texture.

I was asking YOU, why you didn't understand (not agree with) what I was saying about frying food.

But to clarify even more:

I view fried veggies (non-root veggies), as a waste of calories because veggies are supposed to be healthy. So I am taking this supposedly healthy item and frying it. It isn't worth the calories, from fat, IMO.

I feel the same way about Ranch Dressing on Salads. (Hell, DRENCHING salads in dressing).
I feel the same way about cheese on veggies.

Yes, butter makes things taste good, but Americans are so damn fat and generally don't understand moderation.

RE: Butter, I had a few houses I would hit up during the Holidays and they knew not to pre-butter my biscuits because I would prefer to control that myself.
So how much do you like your biscuits buttered?

Back
Top Bottom