FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20200419_092657.jpg

Crepes with a blackberry ginger compote, vanilla whipped cream, and blackberries.

I labeled my food this time 😂

Anybody here have a SodaStream? Is it worth it?

my work gave me one for free. I used it once to see how it operated and haven’t used it since. It’s been sitting in a cupboard for a year now.

it seemed to work just fine. Easy to use. Made the water carbonated and what not. I just don’t drink soda so no need.

Do you allow other people to grind your pepper
I just know it will NEVER be enough for my liking.

When I am somewhere that CRANKS out Black Pepper onto your dish for you, they want to stop after 2-3 seconds, but I have to tell them keep going until I tell you to stop. They always think I am joking until they see that I am not

tay1 tay1 in a home, conventional oven how am I getting the bottom of my pizza darker/broken and less white/floury? The dough making is becoming easier, now I need to perfect the finished product.

Never had oxtails
You never had the desire to at least try them? Go to Jamaican spot sometime this week, they’re generally clean ppl so u won’t have to worry about da rona.

Try a Spinach & Cheese and a Jerk Pattie down line the line as well if u haven’t. Great stuff.

tay1 tay1 in a home, conventional oven how am I getting the bottom of my pizza darker/broken and less white/floury? The dough making is becoming easier, now I need to perfect the finished product.
It could be several things that you have to experience with. From how I see it , it could be one of these:

1. Your ovens heat source. If the heat comes from below, the pizza is probably getting too much heat too close from the. bottom. If this is the case, move the oven racks up a bit higher and see if that helps

2. Possibly too much sugar

3. Cold dough. If the dough is cold, the toppings may not cook as fast therefore you’re cooking the pizza too long. Before cooking, let the dough sit at room temp for about two hours

4. The pan your cooking the pizza on may play a role. Some materials get hotter and retain heat much more than others

5.Baking time. A pizza doesn’t need long to cook. I usually do mine for 15 minutes

6. Don’t put a lot of flour on the bottom of your pizza and pan when cooking. I use a nonstick pan so I don’t use much flour at all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom