FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The family wants sausage and pepper heroes tonight, but I'm not a huge fan of heavily-sauced sandwiches like that.

Went out and grabbed some broccoli rabe and provolone. Also have a ton of sundried tomato pesto that I made 2 days ago. I'm thinking of throwing some sausages on the grill and throwing all of the aforementioned ingredients on a toasted garlic bread hero.

Pics to come if the beers don't get the best of me.

You never had the desire to at least try them? Go to Jamaican spot sometime this week, they’re generally clean ppl so u won’t have to worry about da rona.

Try a Spinach & Cheese and a Jerk Pattie down line the line as well if u haven’t. Great stuff.
You on the east coast?

do you put olive oil or butter when you are seasoning?
no, but i'm going to put some butter on it while cooking. I'm gonna cook on the grill first and than broil it. While broiling, I'll use a brush to put some butter on it.

It could be several things that you have to experience with. From how I see it , it could be one of these:

1. Your ovens heat source. If the heat comes from below, the pizza is probably getting too much heat too close from the. bottom. If this is the case, move the oven racks up a bit higher and see if that helps

2. Possibly too much sugar

3. Cold dough. If the dough is cold, the toppings may not cook as fast therefore you’re cooking the pizza too long. Before cooking, let the dough sit at room temp for about two hours

4. The pan your cooking the pizza on may play a role. Some materials get hotter and retain heat much more than others

5.Baking time. A pizza doesn’t need long to cook. I usually do mine for 15 minutes

6. Don’t put a lot of flour on the bottom of your pizza and pan when cooking. I use a nonstick pan so I don’t use much flour at all

Appreciate the tips. I actually put cornmeal on the bottom of the round pan I have when putting it not oven. The only flour would be on the bottom of the dough itself, but maybe I need to be more aware to not heavily flour both sides when rolling it out.

You ever put the dough in first to cook a bit then take it out for toppings?

tay1 tay1 in a home, conventional oven how am I getting the bottom of my pizza darker/broken and less white/floury? The dough making is becoming easier, now I need to perfect the finished product.
Lightly grease the pan you'll put the dough in or spray it with some olive oil. Obviously be aware of how much flour is on the bottom.

You putting the oven @ 415°-425° for 15min right?

I make my pizza in a pan like this

91l5YQIU6HL._SR500,500_.jpg

So I get the bottom of the pizza to the right color and crispiness I want.

Last edited:
Appreciate the tips. I actually put cornmeal on the bottom of the round pan I have when putting it not oven. The only flour would be on the bottom of the dough itself, but maybe I need to be more aware to not heavily flour both sides when rolling it out.

You ever put the dough in first to cook a bit then take it out for toppings?
No. Most toppings cook fast such as pepperoni. Some toppings such as sausage should be cooked before or partially cooked prior to adding on to the pizza. Certain vegetables such as mushrooms have to be cooked before as well.

Last edited:
You never had the desire to at least try them? Go to Jamaican spot sometime this week, they’re generally clean ppl so u won’t have to worry about da rona.

Try a Spinach & Cheese and a Jerk Pattie down line the line as well if u haven’t. Great stuff.

No desire too. I mainly only eat chicken and turkey.

Lightly grease the pan you'll put the dough in or spray it with some olive oil. Obviously be aware of how much flour is on the bottom.

You putting the oven @ 415°-425° for 15min right?

I make my pizza in a pan like this

91l5YQIU6HL._SR500,500_.jpg

So I get the bottom of the pizza to the right color and crispiness I want.

415-425? Nah always 500. Aren't you supposed to have it at its highest possible temp?

I use a pan similar in shape but it doesn't have any holes, which is maybe my issue here for the bottom not browning.

415-425? Nah always 500. Aren't you supposed to have it at its highest possible temp?

I use a pan similar in shape but it doesn't have any holes, which is maybe my issue here for the bottom not browning.
Nah, it don't need to be @ 500. If you have it that high I don't see how you could keep it in there for 15 min.

Random from the past couple weeks

Was craving crawfish but wasn't available for order so got this. Didn't satisfy the craving
IMG_20200412_202508.jpg

Lunch one day at work, chicken/shrimp/beef fried rice is under that egg, oxtail pho broth next to it
IMG_20200409_123802.jpg

Just a ribeye and some broccoli. Crusted with some jerk sauce so that added the extra char
IMG_20200414_153827.jpg

Ramen, good as a mug, only wish they had pork soboro as an option
IMG_20200417_180122.jpg

Pork katsu curry, looks gross but was pretty good
IMG_20200417_174945.jpg

simple eggs, bacon, king's hawaiian
IMG_20200417_105221.jpg

And no doubt will be the most divisive dish, ramen with cheese and eggs. That yolk and murican cheese

IMG_20200415_171524.jpg

The family wants sausage and pepper heroes tonight, but I'm not a huge fan of heavily-sauced sandwiches like that.

Went out and grabbed some broccoli rabe and provolone. Also have a ton of sundried tomato pesto that I made 2 days ago. I'm thinking of throwing some sausages on the grill and throwing all of the aforementioned ingredients on a toasted garlic bread hero.

Pics to come if the beers don't get the best of me.
E5331490-463F-40D4-8EBF-5C402A2A38C0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom