FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20200731_172301.jpg

On the topic of burgers in NY, definitely must try the burger at The Happiest Hour. Really great burger. Went with my boys on a whim, we all ended up actually ordering a second burger because it was THAT good.

Additionally, Gramercy Tavern has a really good secret burger where they do a select few for lunch and for dinner, it's another mighty fine burger.

I've never had the Peter Luger burger, mostly because I was disappointed with how the actual meal there was despite how expensive it was.

Ooo I've heard of the Happiest Hour burger! I actually went there for a few drinks the night of the McGregor/Cowboy fight. Cool spot but packed. Need to go back & try the burger.

As far as Lugers goes, the burger is only sold during lunch; unless that's changed since covid. It's really damn good man.

1596235904593.png

Ooo I've heard of the Happiest Hour burger! I actually went there for a few drinks the night of the McGregor/Cowboy fight. Cool spot but packed. Need to go back & try the burger.

As far as Lugers goes, the burger is only sold during lunch; unless that's changed since covid. It's really damn good man.

1596235904593.png
Happiest Hour is definitely worth it, just it's always packed lol. And hmm, that Luger burger does look good, may have to make a trip out to Brooklyn.

You just took that out of the package?
Pretty much. Thawed the gyro meat, threw a little extra black pepper on it and baked it in the oven for 7min. Rubbed the pita on the gyro oil that was left on the baking pan and tossed it on a frying pan to soften it up. Cut the onions and tomatoes and threw on the sauce. Meat in package serves about 3 gyros.

I'm gonna cave soon and start going out to eat. It's been too long. I'm not that good of a cook either. Pretty mediocre. The good news is I've been eating healthier than before Covid with much smaller portions.

Back
Top Bottom