FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Roti (buss up shut)
85BD6A2F-298D-4320-8ED7-E4583F26119C.jpeg

Mixed the flour, baking powder, salt, water, and formed a dough. Kneaded for ten minutes
D54060BC-A660-4D20-8062-36E54106A573.jpeg

Rolled the dough out and spread a butter / shortening mixture on them. Cut a slit down the middle, rolled it up into a cone and tucked it in to seal the butter / shortening mixture in
E97B6143-29C8-41F3-97C3-F7931C4418A5.jpeg

BFE4977F-4697-4AA3-B15E-FEAF36E0077B.jpeg

Rolled the dough out again, cooked in cast iron skillet and brushed both sides with oil. After done, put it in a container, shook it and the flakes appeared

Came out soft and buttery, and super flaky. Really good and works well with sucess. Will definitely try again.
381C1AE9-7A40-4644-A6FA-87595774C487.jpeg

11CE7547-78D7-43A2-AFC2-A35C112913D9.jpeg

Ate it with the stewed beef I made the other day.
D21DFA53-18D5-4BF7-A832-BFDBE48C5DCC.jpeg
been working on ur nails a lil
i see u
keep up the good work

Roti (buss up shut)

Mixed the flour, baking powder, salt, water, and formed a dough. Kneaded for ten minutes

Rolled the dough out and spread a butter / shortening mixture on them. Cut a slit down the middle, rolled it up into a cone and tucked it in to seal the butter / shortening mixture in

Rolled the dough out again, cooked in cast iron skillet and brushed both sides with oil. After done, put it in a container, shook it and the flakes appeared

Came out soft and buttery, and super flaky. Really good and works well with sucess. Will definitely try again.

You got me wanting to go back in. Been meaning to make some buss up shot for a while.

Looks good man.

This website did a list of best burgers by state. Comment if you've ever had a burger in your state from any of these spots. They have NY as Minetta Tavern which is a pretty well known restaurant in NYC. I've heard their food is good but personally never had it myself.

This website did a list of best burgers by state. Comment if you've ever had a burger in your state from any of these spots. They have NY as Minetta Tavern which is a pretty well known restaurant in NYC. I've heard their food is good but personally never had it myself.

Just had a few Cozy burgers on my trip back to IL from Colorado... if that is the best Kansas has to offer than that place is even worse that I first thought.

Haven't had one in a long time. Was actually craving one last weekend.

Hopefully they have improved their breakaway biscuits since the last time I ate them.

What the hell would you get from CFA?

You really got me excited that B Sox B Sox went to a location that still did the spicy biscuit, but then I realized you had (oddly) dug up a post from 2017 :smh: :emoji_unamused:

Been to Louis' Lunch (Connecticut), Au Cheval (Illinois), and Abbey Burger (Maryland). All good!!

Just had a few Cozy burgers on my trip back to IL from Colorado... if that is the best Kansas has to offer than that place is even worse that I first thought.

I used to work with a chick that was from Kansas and her taste in food was terrible and anytime she cooked it looked like it was seasoned with imagination so that's very possible

Minetta Tavern burger was okay. A decent burger but nothing to go out of your way for. I much rather go to Pizza Loves Emily for that incredible burger. Their pizza is also very good.

Speaking of burgers, rewatching Bosch and saw Tommy's World Famous Burgers.

This what yall doin out in Cali?

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

503bf80dbbe8ddbd6082c003be565c43.jpg
Gotta hit up the OG one on Beverly.

I’ll have it maybe once a year. But I don’t even do the burger tho Chilli Cheese Dogs with them yellow peppers :nthat:

Roti (buss up shut)

Came out soft and buttery, and super flaky. Really good and works well with sauces. Will definitely try again.

Baron would be pleased :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

My favorite NYC burgers:

Peter Luger - has to be my top
J.G. Melon - classic aesthetic
Lure Fishbar - may surprise ya given the location
Imani - caribbean spot in Brooklyn. The 'Island' burger :emoji_sweat_smile:

I'm a big burger guy so I've had several on the list.

Abbey Burger Bistro (MD) - Probably my favorite of the places I've been because there's so many choices of meats and toppings
Whiskey Tavern (PA) - It'd probably be my favorite if it wasn't so gd expensive. Me and my wife got burgers, fries and drinks and it came to almost $80 between the two of us
Capitol Burger (DC) - It was straight. Ingredients were quality. I prefer Le Diplomate or Lucky Buns in DC
White Manna (NJ) - Amazing slider. They go a little heavy on the onion but it tastes like the best version of that classic American burger
Louis' Lunch (CT) - I didn't enjoy it to be honest. You can't get ketchup on it and their ain't no fries. I'm sure its a good burger but I couldn't get past it.

Last edited:
My favorite NYC burgers:

Peter Luger - has to be my top
J.G. Melon - classic aesthetic
Lure Fishbar - may surprise ya given the location
Imani - caribbean spot in Brooklyn. The 'Island' burger :emoji_sweat_smile:

The Peter Luger lunch burger slaps. I went the day I proposed to my wife. Maybe I was on a high but it was a great burger.

On the topic of burgers in NY, definitely must try the burger at The Happiest Hour. Really great burger. Went with my boys on a whim, we all ended up actually ordering a second burger because it was THAT good.

Additionally, Gramercy Tavern has a really good secret burger where they do a select few for lunch and for dinner, it's another mighty fine burger.

I've never had the Peter Luger burger, mostly because I was disappointed with how the actual meal there was despite how expensive it was.

Back
Top Bottom