FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Daughter made this, Happy early Halloween

A9E7CDA8-8BF6-49C7-852C-952EC6B557B1.jpeg

Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't the traditional way to serve the birria just in a warm corn shell? To spoon the lamb and broth from the bowl and place it in a warm shell? And I think some guy in cali decided to fry the shells and pour broth on it while it frys to give it a crisp so you can hold and dip them in the consome. I could be wrong but we've had birria joints in Chicago forever and I don't think ive ever seen any of them with that crisp fried shell.

Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't the traditional way to serve the birria just in a warm corn shell? To spoon the lamb and broth from the bowl and place it in a warm shell? And I think some guy in cali decided to fry the shells and pour broth on it while it frys to give it a crisp so you can hold and dip them in the consome. I could be wrong but we've had birria joints in Chicago forever and I don't think ive ever seen any of them with that crisp fried shell.
I've always had them in a regular taco. This new style of them being served, no idea where they came from?

Who IS the dude?

So for the longest time i kept reading about birria my brain kept seeing birra which means beer in italian and honestly i was so confused but honestly have never tried it would try tho..

Never had balut and I pretty much refuse to try it.

While not my favorite thing ever, uni has its place and time in my world.

Back
Top Bottom