FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Picked up my order of prime rib from the butcher today.. ready for Xmas Eve
5328D888-6673-4E1B-8C8A-45102183597A.jpeg

Dinner Tuesday at Quartino (River North, Chicago)

Tortellini with prosciutto
Penne alla vodka
Meatballs
(Got lazy with the pictures, not shown: shrimp diavolo, charcuterie, and braised short rib)

960C422F-F084-4A58-9D61-AEBEE1983E8F.jpeg
BAA9642D-6DDC-43D0-A537-B89722E76E5E.jpeg

Yesterday ordered in Steak 48 (River North as well)

Split Bone-in ribeye
Mac and cheese
Truffle twice baked potato
Their version of bang bang shrimp

C2430E88-377E-4431-979A-E8A92753511A.jpeg
17CCAAE9-AFB6-4975-986C-49B48579D6DA.jpeg

I’m usually a scotch guy but had some bourbon after dinner while making cookies

EFAAC33F-5C3E-4CAB-9DD9-147A26155243.jpeg

Not the biggest fan of bagging your own groceries especially now that you basically gotta bring your own bags.

Sometimes I go for small stuff but when I gotta restock its a lot and I need the big cart.

Isnt this normal?

Its like this at every grocery store i can think of up here.
Not in NYC. I mean some stores have it but we'd have a riot if you had to pay to use the big cart.

We already hate that **** at the airport. Stay with a 50lb carry on.

If they did that everybody would cop those laundry carts.

They forgot to mention that quarter you have to put in the cart and can't get back unless you put the cart back in line 😂 Aldi is efficient af.
maxresdefault.jpg

Op didn't post all of it.

Last edited:
Been like that for as long as i can remember. Remember since a kid you had to put a quarter in there. Sometimes youd be putting your groceries in your car and someone that parked beside you would give you a quarter for your cart. Save you both a trip to put back/retrieve a cart.

Used to be able to take the cart home with you if you chose to. Then they put anti theft devices, the wheel locks up when you leave the parking lot. Folks still push it home tho. When youre determined...

Sometimes youd have a homeless dude in the parking lot offering to take peoples carts back so they can keep the quarter.

I hate aldi. Only good thing about it is you don’t have to bring your cart back because a fiend is always right there to bring it back for you to get a quarter.

Back
Top Bottom