FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Dong-Ah Foods in Lincolnwood. It's a small Korean grocery store but no one really goes there for the groceries. Everyone just buys the wings. Why they never just turn the place into a wing joint is beyond me. Not to many ppl know about this place but I've been buying these wings since I was a kid. Recently the Old Korean couple who owned it for years sold it to the Filipino store next door but the Koreans are still making the Chicken. Still tastes the same to me.

Damn man I haven't had wings from there in over 15+ years
It's the little spot on touhy if I'm not mistaken
My favorite korean chicken wing spot used to be Great Seas on lawrence in the city
They used to have some awesome spicy lollipop wings
But sadly I think it changed owners and they moved to a bigger spot right across the street
I had some a few months back and it just didn't taste the same
Probably won't order from them again |l

It's under soup in the Chili's menu. But it says The Original Chili and not Chili Soup. Then there's an option for either Chili or Soup w/ Salad so they distinguish that it's different from soup. But it could be because the price is different as all the soups have 1 price.

Personally Chili is too thick for me to consider it a soup. There are other more soupier stews that I wouldn't consider soup either.
chilis_menu_lincoln_nebraska_02.jpg

i've seen chili under in the soup sections of menus and grocery stores :lol:

not sure if this is just one of those things y'all do in this thread so i'll play along

Damn man I haven't had wings from there in over 15+ years
It's the little spot on touhy if I'm not mistaken
My favorite korean chicken wing spot used to be Great Seas on lawrence in the city
They used to have some awesome spicy lollipop wings
But sadly I think it changed owners and they moved to a bigger spot right across the street
I had some a few months back and it just didn't taste the same
Probably won't order from them again |l
Great Seas changed owners? Damn. Me and my brother were just talking about their lollipop wings. He prefers it over Dong-Ah Foods. I haven't been there in a long time either.

i've seen chili under in the soup sections of menus and grocery stores :lol:

not sure if this is just one of those things y'all do in this thread so i'll play along
Somebody ignorant made that menu then.

Sort of how ppl call tomato a vegetable when it is not.

Yes, chili will be in the soup section because there IS NO stew section.

But I think everyone here knows Chili is a Stew and not a Soup.

Great Seas changed owners? Damn. Me and my brother were just talking about their lollipop wings. He prefers it over Dong-Ah Foods. I haven't been there in a long time either.

Yeah I'm not 100% sure but I think so
They moved to a bigger location right across the street with fancy signs and has a bubble tea or smoothie bar inside
In the old spot they always had korean ladies at the counter taking orders and serving folks
When I was there a few months back there was I think a chinese guy at the counter
It seems like they don't make the wings fresh anymore or something
I remember before you could order the wings spicy or mild
Now you can only order spicy or not spicy
There was barely any sauce and it seemed watered down
Damn shame
Plus they raised the prices
I forgot what I paid but I remember it being pretty high

I'm having a big mix of fresh sushi from our local sushi restaurant for christmas eve :pimp:
Looking forward to trying some of the special ingredients they added just for the holidays, sea urchins and caviar. Never tasted either. The sea urchins look kinda gross but hopefully they taste better than they look

Back
Top Bottom