FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I like these cups
Never drank from one
but I wanna get some

9C1B1E00-F4C3-4C17-BE79-199B079C5C56.png
Have a few of them for beer...
8C7E8A46-068A-40F4-B065-9373DEAADBE3.jpeg

With estimated earnings of $24 million USD and amassing over three billion views, MrBeast is the second-highest paid YouTuber in the world, only a few million under nine-year-old toy reviewer, Ryan Kaji. His videos are a mix of humor and hours-long stunts. Over the years he has added last-person-to-leave challenges to his repertoire, where he gives out thousands of dollars to winners. MrBeast’s attention-grabbing stunts include giving away free cars, doling out thousands of dollars to deserving families and people such as waitresses and Uberdrivers, and even donating to smaller Twitch streamers. By 2018, he had given out $1 million USD and was named YouTube‘s biggest philanthropist.

is it really philanthropy tho?
Im assuming he monetizes those videos, so giving something knowing you'll get return on your investment doesn't seem like the true essence of it.
I never watch these kind of videos/channels so I dont know.

Yea but I doubt most of us even recognize what Low/Mid/High even is. :lol:

Outside of it LOOKING/TASTING "unfresh", I wouldn't know what would constitute as LOW. Let alone Mid/HIgh.

speaking in terms of price mainly. ball parking here and can vary a lot depending on location. i don't mind low tier at all but i'm happiest with about $50-75 of good sashimi and nigiri

low $ - chain or takeout type spots, cheaper sit-down places, places that don't specialize in sushi; < $50 a person
medium $$ - sushi bars or Japanese restaurants; $50-$100 a person
high $$$ - fine dining type sushi bars, Japanese restaurants; $100+ a person

it seems like a lot of high-end places are getting their fish from the same famous Tokyo markets (or claiming to) so how different can they be. omakase is creeping over $200-300 at way too many places now

Ready for the commentary..

1609294795317.png
Gotta be wild poor and hungry to eat this slice of bread :lol:

All my life growing up when the loaf of sliced bread is done in the house the bag is thrown away with the two end slices still in there. Plus those slices are always super thin and flimsy. At best they're okay if you toast it.

Now some bread from Allan's bakery is different.

Dude sharing blunts but wanna act brand new when it comes to that piece of the bread |l
I do not see the correlation at all :lol:

All my life growing up when the loaf of sliced bread is done in the house the bag is thrown away with the two end slices still in there. Plus those slices are always super thin and flimsy. At best they're okay if you toast it.

its not the ideal piece of bread of course.i agree with it being flimsy by the time you get to it. And ive been guilty of throwing it away along with its twin.

but its also great for pbnj sammich. Or toasted with butter.

This post doesnt surprise me

Back
Top Bottom