FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Tio Luis, Chicago

Carne Asada
IMG_20210108_195631__02.jpg

Decided to make this one of my cheat foods for the week:
0-1.jpg

Overall impression is lackluster. Chicken was crispier than I thought it would be despite being completely slathered in sauce. Sauce itself was kind of whatever. More sweet than anything with no significant spice to it. Kimchi slaw was kind of bland and soft, so it really didn't provide a ton of contrast. Sesame seeds were negligible. I love Martin's potato rolls, but not my first choice for a sandwich like this. They could have stayed in the Martin's brand and used a Big Marty's, which I think would have worked a lot better.

Definitely worst of the 3 versions of their chicken sandwich. Edible, but would not purchase again. 6/10.
Atleast this one looks better than Grines. They are fowl for getting my hopes up though, expecting BonChon and they gave us McDonald's "Asian glaze" tenders.

Ain't no rice.

Hash BROWNS.

It is a BREAKFAST burrito.
The only thing that makes it a "breakfast" burrito is the addition of eggs.

Adding rice wouldn't make it NOT a Breakfast BUrrito.

Nor would the subtraction of the Browned Hash/

I know where you’re coming from
I definitely know guys that ask for no rice and double meat
I’m just a sucker for rice ..

I know where you’re coming from
I definitely know guys that ask for no rice and double meat
I’m just a sucker for rice ..

Yea. I just know when ordering BUrritos, you can kinda manipulate the person making it into adding more meat than they would naturally add by simply by getting no rice.

If anything I know the purpose is for texture and to create a barrier between the tortilla and the wet items.

Decided to make this one of my cheat foods for the week:
0-1.jpg

Overall impression is lackluster. Chicken was crispier than I thought it would be despite being completely slathered in sauce. Sauce itself was kind of whatever. More sweet than anything with no significant spice to it. Kimchi slaw was kind of bland and soft, so it really didn't provide a ton of contrast. Sesame seeds were negligible. I love Martin's potato rolls, but not my first choice for a sandwich like this. They could have stayed in the Martin's brand and used a Big Marty's, which I think would have worked a lot better.

Definitely worst of the 3 versions of their chicken sandwich. Edible, but would not purchase again. 6/10.

you Korean?

Totally agree about waste of rice in burritos. Main reason I don't eat a lot of them.

Any meal suggestions for tonight? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom