FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

^i disagree
Samuel-L.-Jackson-Claps-Unenthusiastically-At-An-Award-Show.gif

Friends that I dine out with don't ever "over" order. We all work and can cover the bill no qualms, but I don't ever recall a scenario in which someone didn't want to pay because they didn't order a portion of the table.

I mean pay for what you ordered and things should be fine.

I don't want any parts of paying for someone else. You need money to cover your order then verbally ask for help. Don't assume we splitting anything.

talking occasions where multiple apps or entrees are split among the table

i didn't help myself to the calamari and mozz sticks so i'm not helping paying for them is sort of a trash mentality

if we're all just ordering a personal entree and drinks then that's different

One of my notoriously cheap friends once adamantly refused to add an additional $5 to his portion of the check for the tip despite the fact that everyone else at the table did so.

One of my other friends got really annoyed and told him "you realize you're putting a $5 price tag on our friendship right now, don't you?" which made him (begrudgingly) cough up the additional $5.

He's still cheap, but he's been markedly less cheap when he's gone out with us ever since. :lol:

One of my notoriously cheap friends once adamantly refused to add an additional $5 to his portion of the check for the tip despite the fact that everyone else at the table did so.

One of my other friends got really annoyed and told him "you realize you're putting a $5 price tag on our friendship right now, don't you?" which made him (begrudgingly) cough up the additional $5.

He's still cheap, but he's been markedly less cheap when he's gone out with us ever since. :lol:
Damn, son buckled to peer pressure and threats from fake friends.

I would've switched that around like our friendship is really worth $5 to you?

Damn, son buckled to peer pressure and threats from fake friends.

I would've switched that around like our friendship is really worth $5 to you?
He walked into it agreeing to split the check and the tip, and then tried to rescind because he thought $5 was too much. Call me crazy, but I think friends should keep their promises and cooperate with one another.

There are more clever ways to distort logic.

He walked into it agreeing to split the check and the tip, and then tried to rescind because he thought $5 was too much. Call me crazy, but I think friends should keep their promises and cooperate with one another.

There are more clever ways to distort logic.
Ah, he's a cheap fool then. You didn't mention that initially.

My "friend" hits me with the we gotta split the check and tip prerequisite and I'm going to eat with someone else that night.

Ah, he's a cheap fool then. You didn't mention that initially.

My "friend" hits me with the we gotta split the check and tip prerequisite and I'm going to eat with someone else that night.
Any friend that tries to mandate you into an arrangement you're not comfortable with isn't a friend.

But then again, I've never had a "friend" that dictated to me how a check was going to be divvied up without asking what I would want to do first, and I'm not too sure how much that phenomenon even exists.

well.... i said sort of

it's one thing if you're pressed for cash

it's another entirely if you're not
But you are demaning someone pay for something they had no parts of and then turning around and giving character analysis over it.

I don't get it but cool.

Back
Top Bottom