FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Had a fire Stilton and artichoke dip on the westcoast before. Not a huge blue cheese fan but Stilton is nice.

Made Chinese take-out style pepper steak.
2A5C1BD6-B1EC-4268-A76C-E79629AA4686.jpeg
C2310AFA-6806-4397-9D73-41187CF05669.jpeg

French Onion Dip
5/7 Layer Dip
Guacamole
Trader Joe’s Pepita Salsa
Queso Dip

:lol: @ The oxtails weren't impressed with you Kevin!

that's 100% how mamazsokc.com act. The wife is in the kitchen cooking and the male is front of the house and its so disconnected, you show up and go to pay in the store and he asks you what you ordered, you tell him, he calls his wife on the cell phone, then gets off and be like, "there is no chicken here," literally you just be like well tell her bring out whatever she decided to make. And their oxtails are tough because she cooks them too fast, meanwhile Magasin Table has a oxtail pho where they fall off the bone. Mama Zs food is good though you just have to call your order in an hour ahead of time and be prepared to maybe not get anything, maybe get the right thing, maybe just get whatever Mama Z decided to put on. And when you're conducting commerce, other Africans will come in loudly and interrupt/disrupt you. I don't think they're intentionally rude with malice, just a bit of a cultural disconnect there. storm2006 storm2006 a-friend a-friend NW Meridian and 16th

:lol: @ The oxtails weren't impressed with you Kevin!

i sent these tweet to my jamaicans friends and i bet they will laugh and nod in aggreeance that you have to deal with a lot of attitude and general indifference from authentic Caribbean restaurants.

and the only reason we deal with it is Becuase the food so damn good.

I advise anyone who hasn't registered for the Royal Rewards program with Red Robin to do so because you get a free burger after you buy 9. It's basically buy 9, get 1 free.

You'll only have to come out of pocket if you get extras like how I always get an extra patty. It used to be totally free years ago even with extras. 🙄

Another cool deal with that program is that they hook you up with a free burger during your birthday month!

I don't think the intent is to not taste the difference, but an alternative that's close enough.
I didn’t make it up. People say it all the time
when they review it. Especially when it first made its wave in the fast food sector . And it’s hardly close enough for me. The texture and taste is is really hard to get used to.

Back
Top Bottom