FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Sweet plantains, egg, and coco bread
05CD443D-3DB1-4F2A-ACAC-B365FFD90F11.jpeg

EDCF4BA2-5103-45B5-A801-C57AC925AF0C.jpeg
No pepper 🙁

Ate at McDonald’s on vaca in Hawaii just to try the pineapple flavored things on the menu. That’s the ONLY time I’ve eaten at a chain on vacation.

We just pretending chain restaurants are the same in every city and country now?

No problem in trying the same food in different places.

When I go to Japan I want to know what their McDonald's and KFC is really about cuz their menus be looking wild to me.

We just pretending chain restaurants are the same in every city and country now?

When I go to Japan I want to know what their McDonald's and KFC is really about cuz their menus be looking wild to me.
That’s different if you are trying new foods. People who go on vacation and eat the same thing they would back home is wild to me. But I get it, some people have a different relationship to food. I work with a dude who orders the same basic stuff at every place we order from. The type to order a cheeseburger and fries from a Mediterranean restaurant.

Went to Colombia one year and we hit up Hooters lol
Ate GOOD in Cartagena and Medellin. Best empanadas I ever had. Went on a food tour and told our guide I had been eating bandeja paisa pretty much every dinner. Dude looked at me crazy saying locals usually have that once every 1-2 weeks as kind of a highlight, Sunday dinner meal.
119E0BB6-C607-45D1-A884-E4A2D0EF01C2.jpeg

7 Eleven in Japan held me down some nights. But the local food there is amazing! I strongly recommend making time for a food tour when traveling. Learn about local cuisine and the culture a bit. You’ll see how we all pretty much eat the same stuff. It just might be prepared or seasoned a bit differently or paired with other foods you wouldn’t be accustomed too. Ironically, the worst meal I had in Japan was from KFC. Chicken was super dry...

Nobody should be this mad over a big mac.

Same thing happened to me once. I just showed them and got extra ****.
Ya that was very cringe worthy. More often than not if you point out mistakes like that, theyll nice you with extra stuff. Ive hit up drive thrus and checked bag and got a completely wrong order. Went inside and told them i mustve got the wrong order and they said sorry, gave me mine and told me keep the 1st one they gave me by mistake.

Or you can cause a scene 🤷‍♂️

Working in the food/restaurant industry will make you realize how many “grown adult” child like dumbasses there is out there

made me realize my parents did a great job raising me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom