FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Lol i hate grits. I had a fight in the county one time because I didn’t want my grits and was trying to trade for a pack of noodles. Dude wanted em but didn’t want to trade. I told him I’ll throw em away before I give em away. (I already offered em for sale couldn’t give away for nothing after that). I then walked over to the trash can and threw em Away. Fight ensued lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thank you, people acting like im crazy for throwing them away. I've actually tried to give them to someone else but after you eat the toppings ain't nobody tryna have your leftovers. :lol: Grits is peasant food.

20210405_231601.jpg

Air fried chicken
Couscous with pecans and raisins
Peas and carrots
Boiled egg

Why the raisins & pecans?

Because Im a culinary genius. :pimp:

It isn't uncommon to put different nuts and dried fruits in couscous. It didn't take that long to make this and it was really good

In a small cooking pot bring some water and coconut milk mixed with bouillon, curry powder, turmeric and cayenne to boil then add the dried raisins and pecans and let it sit on lowest heat for 15 minutes.

It isn't uncommon to put different nuts and dried fruits in couscous. It didn't take that long to make this and it was really good

In a small cooking pot bring some water and coconut milk mixed with bouillon, curry powder, turmeric and cayenne to boil then add the dried raisins and pecans and let it sit on lowest heat for 15 minutes.
WOuld you put them in your spaghetti?

Yeah, I've had them in quinoa, rice, and couscous.

Oh aight, it looked like a Plantation for a second. I know folks use those are Tours/PArty Areas down there.

I would have not gone - I know people who have had family reunions and wedding at those plantations.

I’m good on that - my grandparents lives in a town where slaves were kept in row houses (That are still standing and some are occupied).

I would have not gone - I know people who have had family reunions and wedding at those plantations.

I’m good on that - my grandparents lives in a town where slaves were kept in row houses (That are still standing and some are occupied).
Yea, living in the South I hear you can see a lot of that.

Just had a convo with somebody last night about the amount of "Slave Quarters" she saw while visiting her father in NC. (Close to Fayetteville)

Grine Grine I forget, did you do a Jamaica trip in 2019? And have you EVER done an all inclusive? GF sent me a spot that looks nice but I’m not sure about an AI in Jamaica.

Grine Grine I forget, did you do a Jamaica trip in 2019? And have you EVER done an all inclusive? GF sent me a spot that looks nice but I’m not sure about an AI in Jamaica.

Hoenstly, I never been to Jamaica :lol: I been to almost all of the Caribbean islands except Jamaica. Perhaps you meant Bahamas.

I did send my daughter to Jamaica. She stayed on this resort: https://www.halfmoon.com/

I don’t do all inclusive places - unless it’s the Disney cruise. The reason is because you’re limit to what they give you. I’m talking food - I like to explore and get lost to find food locally.

Not knocking anyone who travels all inclusive. I think it’s a great idea for those that want to remain remote. I can ask my Jamaican homey (has several houses there) which all inclusive resort would be best.

Im building my way up to quinoa. Im trying to cut back on rice as a source of starch for most of my meals. Any recipes are welcome.
Quinoa is very versatile. You can cook it similar to couscous. I also do a "fried rice" version of it with vegetables. Sometimes I steam it and throw cashews or pistachios in it. An ex used to put dried cranberries in it. I'd pick it out cause I don't care for dried berries, but it did add sweetness to it.

Back
Top Bottom