FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Follow my IG bruhs

Last edited:
A little tip with costco chicken, cut it up, put it back in the oven skin side up, cook until crispy, taste 100x better.
Yea I put mine in the broiler. My broiler is undernearth my oven. On low for about 8 minutes

In other news, am I the only one that absolutely HATES when I order steamed veggies from a restaurant and they put butter on it? I hate the taste of butter unless it is on certain things. 

A little tip with costco chicken, cut it up, put it back in the oven skin side up, cook until crispy, taste 100x better.
Yea I put mine in the broiler. My broiler is undernearth my oven. On low for about 8 minutes

In other news, am I the only one that absolutely HATES when I order steamed veggies from a restaurant and they put butter on it? I hate the taste of butter unless it is on certain things. 

Nah I need butter or olive oil on my veggies in most cases.

Hey DC have you ever added Fage greek yogurt + avocados mixed in as a dressing?

Add salt n pepper to your liking pretty awesome dressing.

Anyone know what the Korean hot sauce is called?

ssamjang pretty sure.

also for fried chicken...thomas keller's fried chicken is my favorite recipe but if you want something different...david chang from momofuku has a really good chinese style fried chicken recipe too. got both books so if anyone's interested just let me know.

Last edited:
My brother told me to try the new crispy chicken stuff at taco bell. I got the chipotle chixstar and a jalapeño honey crispy chicken griller. Pretty damn good. Wish tbell served fries too.

Last edited:
Some pics of my recent trip.

Raising Cane's, LV
6zmxwj.jpg

Pan Roast at Oyster Bar, Palace Station - Henderson
2dhfsqg.jpg

Homemade Ox tail Adobo w/ dinengdeng. Best Adobo I've ever tasted! :nthat:
55gzeo.jpg

Poutine at Ketchup Burger bar, Miricle mile shops.
2vsl150.jpg

Hopefully the rain lets up today, going to grill some chicken.

Does anyone have a good way of starting charcoal without lighter fluid? I've been using a chimney starter for years, but sometimes I need more charcoal than the amount that fits in there. Other than just buying another chimney, I wonder what are some other ways

Hey DC have you ever added Fage greek yogurt + avocados mixed in as a dressing?

Add salt n pepper to your liking pretty awesome dressing.
I really don't care for creamy dressings for my salads. So nah, I haven't and wouldn't do that. I would just eat the avacado on the side with some salt and lime. 
laugh.gif

Sunday calls for donuts and breakfast food

caramel pudding donut rolled in salted caramel crunch

+ dulche de leche gelato

French omelete for breakfast

Ribeye with Steamed Carrots and Creamy Potatoes. From the restaurant at the Getty Center in LA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom