FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I haven't posted in awhile.

Totto 

Ramen

5 whole lobsters in Ginger/ Scallion sauce 
nthat.gif

Hand Pulled Noodle Soup + Dumplings in China Town NYC

Spicy Thai Basil Shrimp, California Sausage Inc. and Chinese Broccoli and string mushrooms in Oyster sauce, and Fried Florida Pompano with sweet fish sauce...

Made from scratch Wonton Noodle Soup with bok choy and char siu. #LetThatBoyCook

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bright nikes View Post

A little tip with costco chicken, cut it up, put it back in the oven skin side up, cook until crispy, taste 100x better.
Yea I put mine in the broiler. My broiler is undernearth my oven. On low for about 8 minutes
Funny that you bring up Costco chicken and re-cooking it. I just do it per serving. It especially does wonders to the skin of the dark meat portions. This was from this morning, BEFORE, I read the discussion on it.

Bottom pic was breakfast. Post-workout. Whatever.

Costco Chicken
Avacado
Spring Salad
Black Beans

Last edited:
As far as tomato sauce, don't buy the stuff in the glass jar....

Buy a cheap can of generic tomato sauce and then season it to your liking.

Unless you are making it from scratch.

The best tomato sauce i've bought from a store was the store brand one from stop and shop. I was surprised since it tastes really good.

^
I wish they sold the gyro lamb meat at my grocery store, I would eat gyros every week.

My roommates is and this late in the semester I'm just trying to keep stuff cheap haha.

Venison is solid for sausage it's no different from other meat cuz there's extra fat added to make it bind together well.

For steaks it's a little tricky. Letting it marinade is very important if just for the fact that some of the blood has to be allowed to get our otherwise it'll be super gamey. It also cooks really fast so I normally make stew out of it rather than mess with it too much. Ends up tasting a lot like braised beef

i just googled on why meat can taste gamey n they reference back to.what the animals eat. it said wild animals have a more earthy taste n tougher meat due to muscle. does ur friend hunt rabbits?

My roommates is and this late in the semester I'm just trying to keep stuff cheap haha.

Venison is solid for sausage it's no different from other meat cuz there's extra fat added to make it bind together well.

For steaks it's a little tricky. Letting it marinade is very important if just for the fact that some of the blood has to be allowed to get our otherwise it'll be super gamey. It also cooks really fast so I normally make stew out of it rather than mess with it too much. Ends up tasting a lot like braised beef

i just googled on why meat can taste gamey n they reference back to.what the animals eat. it said wild animals have a more earthy taste n tougher meat due to muscle. does ur friend hunt rabbits?

Not that I'm aware of, least its never shown up in our freezer.

Why?

Scallops, pork belly

Beef cheek risotto

Tequila with Serrano and Rhubarb

Tasmanian Sea Trout

Tuna with Proscuitto breadcrumbs 

What do you guys do for your fried chicken?

Think I'm gonna do a brine and beer batter tonight
I marinade in soy sauce, garlic, black pepper, and five spice powder. Breading made out of sweet potato flour, corn starch, chili, black pepper, salt, and five spice powder.

I finally got my breading to the consistency I wanted it. I do an egg wash with hot sauce and then seasoned flour.

I let it sit with the coating on it for a while until it almost became a paste one chicken and it got a really good crunch too it even with the gravy on it

Back
Top Bottom