FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Snack before bed. Boneless ribeye
FA6A35BF-D82A-4060-B39E-C6AC400852D9.jpeg

For those that are talking about rice + banana, are we talking about bananas or plantains?

I think have all eaten rice and plantains.

Is that a thing tho? Or was it just a household thing?

Ive seen/had rice and banana, the mix of the textures is actually live. 1st time i seen that was at my east african homies crib. We were eating and man brings bananas. I thought its for post meal. He starts cutting the banana and putting in his rice. I was like 🤨, tried it and it was pretty good
Always thought it was just a Central American or Puerto Rican/Dominican thing but if she’s Ecuadorian then it’s more widespread than I thought

my moms Chilean and she used to make spaghetti and meatballs and put white grapes in the meatball sauce. Annoying af :lol: :lol:
they put raisins and grapes in empanadas down there too

not really a fan of savory/sweet unless it’s like lime juice or something acidic

Always thought it was just a Central American or Puerto Rican/Dominican thing but if she’s Ecuadorian then it’s more widespread than I thought

my moms Chilean and she used to make spaghetti and meatballs and put white grapes in the meatball sauce. Annoying af :lol: :lol:
they put raisins and grapes in empanadas down there too

not really a fan of savory/sweet unless it’s like lime juice or something acidic
Lol I hate the raisins in the empanada thing. I’m not fan of the savory/sweet thing I can’t do it

So this Traeger brand over the Green Egg?
2 different types
green egg would be a charcoal grill/smoker
traeger is a wood pellet smoker

pellet vs charcoal is something you are going to have to decide for yourself. both have their different advantages and disadvantages. reddit is a good place to get 1st hand information from. there's also a ton of articles on the subject.
i've decided my dream set up would be a yoder pellet smoker and a blackstone.

someone correct me if i'm wrong as i don't own either just have been doing research lately.

Def getting a Traeger to pair with my Blackstone whenever we make the move to the county.

Back
Top Bottom