FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Margherita star/frusta

IMG-0370.jpg
Cute.

Yessss my mom makes this pickled onion salad with lime and tomatoes and cilantro and irs everything on top of rice!

Having a bagel this morning with a cappuccino and it got me thinking how I hate ordering a bagel at a place that gives me five pounds of cream cheese on my bagel. I always have to take some off. Do people really enjoy that much cream cheese on a bagel? For me this is a good amount t of spread.
BED74309-34AD-4035-B6E2-2B1FE4F5C362.jpeg

Last edited:
Having a bagel this morning with a cappuccino and it got me thinking how I hate ordering a bagel at a place that gives me five pounds of cream cheese on my bagel. I always have to take some off. Do people really enjoy that much cream cheese on a bagel? For me this is a good amount t of spread.

I like a little more than that, but agree most bagel places way overdo it. That’s why I typically say “easy cream cheese” when I order.

Most workers have been conditioned to believe Americans are gluttons for salt, fat, and sugar. So they assume we want ALL the fats, ALL the salts, and ALL the sugars.

For example, I remember going to IHOP once and my company asking for a black coffee and the waitress bringing out close to 10 packets of sugar for her. WHO USES that much for a MUG of coffee?

So yea, I understand what you are saying Hunnynutcheerios Hunnynutcheerios

Good AMount of Cream Cheese there.

Most workers have been conditioned to believe Americans are gluttons for salt, fat, and sugar. So they assume we want ALL the fats, ALL the salts, and ALL the sugars.

For example, I remember going to IHOP once and my company asking for a black coffee and the waitress bringing out close to 10 packets of sugar for her. WHO USES that much for a MUG of coffee?

Lol yup I’ve had that happen before.

Sugar to go

To be fair to the workers and the places they work for though, a lot of Americans are gluttons for fat, sugar and just food in general.
I can see why excess of everything is the default.

Related, also about IHOP, the amount of butter they bring you automatically for a short stack of pancakes is crazy. I don’t use that much at home, including for cooking, in a month :lol:

To be fair to the workers and the places they work for though, a lot of Americans are gluttons for fat, sugar and just food in general.
I can see why excess of everything is the default.

Related, also about IHOP, the amount of butter they bring you automatically for a short stack of pancakes is crazy. I don’t use that much at home, including for cooking, in a month :lol:

I agree. When I said "conditioned" I wasn't implying it wasn't rational.

"Butter on the side" which I never use is my request whenever ordering pancakes from any spot.

I definitely need more spread than that, but I've been there where it becomes too much. Especially if you have the bagel toasted, forget it. **** spews out all over.

Back
Top Bottom