FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My favorite thing ever pretty much.

We're about to be outchea soon.

Dont know how many Chicago foodies are out there. I like all culture foods besides authentic chinese. I like the stuff you find in restaurants in Chinatown. When I say authentic i mean real authentic chinese food. Not what americans think is authentic.

Where should I hit up.

Some of my faves are Kuma's, 90 Miles, and The Snail

And how is mercadito's and frontera? :nerd:

Also where is a good place to get noodles or pho?

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Italian beef sandwiches and deep dish pizza, both of which I heard are delicious out there in Chicago

my coworker bought me breakfast this morning... Chicken and Waffles from Jonathons it was so good

Last edited:
Dont know how many Chicago foodies are out there. I like all culture foods besides authentic chinese. I like the stuff you find in restaurants in Chinatown. When I say authentic i mean real authentic chinese food. Not what americans think is authentic.

Where should I hit up.

Some of my faves are Kuma's, 90 Miles, and The Snail

And how is mercadito's and frontera?
nerd.gif

Also where is a good place to get noodles or pho?
Man, New Asia on Lawrence has the best Pho in my opinion.  They're the only ones with oxtail Pho that I know of....

My favorite thing ever pretty much.

We're about to be outchea soon.

Nice!

About to take a road trip tomorrow to Minneapolis for Soundset.  What are some restaurants that I should check out?  I ate at Brasas and that was good stuff....

:lol: son that's where I learned to cook! St. Paul or mpls Brasa? That's cool as hell. I'm at Lyn 65 now. Def worth checking out. Night Hawks is new and supposedly good. Rival is good southern food as well. There are so many good places opening. If you like Japanese food kyatchi is crack. Have fun the line up is :pimp:

Next year we'll probably be at soundest with the truck. Our homegirl works for rhymesayers and wanted us this year but we aren't ready.

Last edited:
Bruh..... those sushirittos gave me an erection..... :wow:

Man, New Asia on Lawrence has the best Pho in my opinion.  They're the only ones with oxtail Pho that I know of....

I'll have to check it out thanks

I'm a fan of Italian beef sandwiches and deep dish pizza, both of which I heard are delicious out there in Chicago

Deep dish >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other pizza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever the **** NYers call pizza. The thin slice of pita bread with cheese on it.

As for italian beef I am not a fan of it bit I dont think I have ever been to a restaurant where the italian beef was prime. Portillos is popular around here but I am not a fan of it.

Also where in the chi can I get some good bluefin tuna?

Tree huggers, before you reply to this, know that I could don't a **** and my mink is dragging on the floor

EDIT: Preferably for sushi but that aint a requirement.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
son that's where I learned to cook! St. Paul or mpls Brasa? That's cool as hell. I'm at Lyn 65 now. Def worth checking out. Night Hawks is new and supposedly good. Rival is good southern food as well. There are so many good places opening. If you like Japanese food kyatchi is crack. Have fun the line up is
pimp.gif

Next year we'll probably be at soundest with the truck. Our homegirl works for rhymesayers and wanted us this year but we aren't ready.
Hahaha very nice bro!  I was at the MPLS one, the one by the White Castle.  

Thanks for the suggestions!  One more question, what's the best Viet restaurant up there?  I'm going to need my Pho on Monday after the show lol

Yeah, that lineup is too sick man.  Not a big fan of J Cole, but Ice Cube, Smif N Wessun, Gibbs and Madlib, Dilated, and Atmos are some the highlights for me. 

:lol: son that's where I learned to cook! St. Paul or mpls Brasa? That's cool as hell. I'm at Lyn 65 now. Def worth checking out. Night Hawks is new and supposedly good. Rival is good southern food as well. There are so many good places opening. If you like Japanese food kyatchi is crack. Have fun the line up is :pimp:

Hahaha very nice bro!  I was at the MPLS one, the one by the White Castle.  

Thanks for the suggestions!  One more question, what's the best Viet restaurant up there?  I'm going to need my Pho on Monday after the show lol

Yeah, that lineup is too sick man.  Not a big fan of J Cole, but Ice Cube, Smif N Wessun, Gibbs and Madlib, Dilated, and Atmos are some the highlights for me. 

Oh ok I worked at the St. Paul one. For Viet look up iPho. :lol:

Deep dish is what people from chicago get for their friends visiting chicago lol
This is so true.  I prefer a thin crust extra crispy pizza myself.  

I never eat deep dish at all.

Agreed

Deep dish is disgusting....My cousin lives in Chicago and I ate at 2 different places while I was in Chicago a few years ago and it will be my last time ever eating that junk :x

Chicago can keep their lasagne pizza

Deep dish is basically a casserole. How long does it take to bake? Do deep dish places deliver?

Sushirittos need to be available in NY if they aren't already. A spicy tuna one with a bunch of those crunchy stuff / panko in it would be so good.

Deep dish is what people from chicago get for their friends visiting chicago lol

because its delicious. If anything aint pizza it's that **** NY calls pizza. The garbage "pizza" you were forced to eat in high schools is about on the same level.

Only thing I will miss from here. good thing you can get it delivered in dry ice if you live in the continental united states. Im not even a big fan of the Chicago food scene. Local media likes to run this circle jerk that the Chi is the food capital of the world. I havent visited even a quarter of the places I want to visit and still wouldnt put it on the top 5.

Deep dish is basically a casserole. How long does it take to bake? Do deep dish places deliver?
I think they take like 45 minutes :lol:. I prefer my pizzas baked in a Woodfired brick oven for about 4-5 minutes like a pizza should be baked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom