FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

looks like you grilled it for too long or the heat was too high ?  unless you like it more charred.

I know some of you are into at least one of the shows on Munchie's YT channel (like Action Bronson's F**k That's Delicious, Fresh off the Boat now Huang's World, & Chef's Night out). They have a new series coming out called The Sushi Chef. Below is the synopsis & trailer from their YT page.

The Sushi Chef is a new series about the personalities behind the incredible fish found in New York and LA's best sushi restaurants. While slicing raw fish may seem simple, we find that in the hands of certain chefs, sushi transcends its identity as just a type of cuisine and truly becomes an art.

Amy Ruth's in Harlem:

Peach fruit juice was 
pimp.gif

Tried Chipotle for the first time; I liked it:

No 
laugh.gif

I had Amy Ruth's the day before. The other plate was my friend's

Edit:

almost forgot the complimentary cornbread, smothered with butter

Last edited:
So I randomly had a conversation about donuts.. and was reminded of the fried chicken donut you had... So I took to google..

Holy amazeballs. Please tell me it was amazing.
sick.gif

(picture from google.)
Hell yeah it was great 
laugh.gif

Didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day

looks like you grilled it for too long or the heat was too high ?  unless you like it more charred.

lol yea i definitely left the smaller pieces of chicken on too long, neighbors dog enjoyed that

everything else was fine though, gonna **** some ribs up soon. 

first time grilling was like that too :lol:

all the beef was well done and chewy :rofl:

but I soon learned. only thing I really hate cooking on the grill is bone in chicken, hard to gauge it's doneness. the first time since the outside can look cooked done but the inside still raw cause of the bone.

It can be tough to get the hang of, but I won't grill any piece of chicken without a bone anymore.

Bacon egg and cheese on everything from my local bagel shop

Dat loud pack :pimp: copper river sockeyes from my boy who fishes them. Anyone in msp can grab some from our foodtruck it's called loudmouth.

Instagram is loudmouthfoodtruck

Last edited:
lunch at my favorite indian restaurant in the city...

tandoori chicken wings, jasmine rice, chick peas, spicy cabbage, curry fish, lamb and potatoes, mamosa chaat and naan bread, all washed down with a king fisher lager...

The buffet spot right?

yea, it's kinda like a buffet

That Indian plate looks delish. Was gonna get some tandoori wings myself but a pizza was enough to hold me over until after the Warriors game.

Indian pizza is the business. Must try if you like Indian food and pizza. Together is a match made in heaven.

Tandoori chicken pizza @ Bombay Pizza House

Older stuff. Fried chicken waffle sandwich from Butter and Zeus. Ginger beer from a fish and chips spot. It's like a kicked up Ginger Ale.

both those dishes look great!

Last edited:
handful of things around April just before my trip to LA.... :nerd: :nthat:

carne asada torta with guacamole and grilled pineapple slices from Taco Chuki's in Seattle, WA.

carne asada baby burritos and tacos with guacamole from Taco Chuki's in Seattle, WA.

pepperoni pizza slice from Slices on Alki in Seattle, WA.

bacon-wrapped quail egg skewers and crispy chicken wings from ISSIAN in Seattle, WA.

pressed toro battera. (seared fatty tuna) from Suika in Seattle, WA.

sushi assortment and poke from Hana in Seattle, WA.

toulouse breakfast. (white bean skillet base with sausage, bacon, chorizo, poached eggs, salad and side of bread) from Linh Cafe in Vancouver, BC.

vancouver breakfast. (sausage, fried eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes & a side of bread) from Linh Cafe in Vancouver, BC.

prosciutto and arugula flatbread with fried egg from Pomegranate Bistro in Redmond, WA.

toro beef tare, yaki-shabby, & miso pork belly from Gyu-Kaku in Vancouver, BC

I need to get me an ice cream machine

Wanna make Bacon, Whiskey Chocolate ice cream.

My recipe looks good so hopefully it comes out good

I will be in Redwood City for the next few weeks. What are the must eat at spots?

I like Pizza and CHicken and Pho

Back
Top Bottom