FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I will be in Redwood City for the next few weeks. What are the must eat at spots?

I like Pizza and CHicken and Pho
whatcha doing there???

also, I got my flights to Europe.... any tips on Scandinavia would be greatly appreciated! 

I'll be going there on a somewhat tight budget but I'll try to get some dope pics of foods I eat there

Last new item. Copper river sockeye w/ asparagus.

^ I've lived in the Baltimore "urea" since I was 10-11 or so but I've never had a soft shell crab. I can't get over the idea of eating the whole thing. My wife & I went to a nice restaurant called Blue Stone (Timonium) with some friends. 2 of the people at our table of 8 got the soft crab dinner, they offered a bite but I just couldn't do it (yet).

Yours does look good though B Sox B Sox .

^ I've lived in the Baltimore "urea" since I was 10-11 or so but I've never had a soft shell crab. I can't get over the idea of eating the whole thing. My wife & I went to a nice restaurant called Blue Stone (Timonium) with some friends. 2 of the people at our table of 8 got the soft crab dinner, they offered a bite but I just couldn't do it (yet).

Yours does look good though B Sox B Sox .
Gotta give it a shot, fam!

Idk if this is the right thread...But I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for bbq meat rubs? I was planning on oven baking left over short ribs and was going to put a rub on them. Looking for something I can buy at a local grocery store.

Idk if this is the right thread...But I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for bbq meat rubs? I was planning on oven baking left over short ribs and was going to put a rub on them. Looking for something I can buy at a local grocery store.

If you don't feel like doing your own mix I use montreal brand rubs when I'm doing stuff quick and have decent results.

Best way, imho, is to make your own though. That way it can cater to your particular tastes

If you don't feel like doing your own mix I use montreal brand rubs when I'm doing stuff quick and have decent results.

Best way, imho, is to make your own though. That way it can cater to your particular tastes
I was thinking of going with a montreal steak rub. Don't really have time to make my own at this moment, but plan on experimenting with different types of rubs this summer.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I was thinking of going with a montreal steak rub. Don't really have time to make my own at this moment, but plan on experimenting with different types of rubs this summer.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Of course

Good luck and have fun

mplsdunk mplsdunk What's on your menu for the truck? Looks like you have something for everybody.

Thanks guys. That's the goal kinda.

Kimchi dog
Regular dog
Loudmouth burger, fat cut bacon and lots of picked vegetables with cilantro mayo and mustard.
Jerk burger with grilled pineapple pickles and jerk bbq sauce.
Jerk wings
Copper river salmon
Mixed greens salad with yogurt vinaigrette and feta bacon and watermelon

@MPLSdunk What's on your menu for the truck? Looks like you have something for everybody.

Kimchi dog
Regular dog
Loudmouth burger, fat cut bacon and lots of picked vegetables with cilantro mayo and mustard.
Jerk wings
Copper river salmon
would try every single dish

I'm a sucker for jerk, theres a Jamaican jerk place across the street from my hospital I hit up like once a week 
laugh.gif

Of course

Good luck and have fun
Do you have any suggestions on how to cook short ribs in the oven? I was planning to set the temp to 300 degrees and place the meat in the pan and cover in foil for 2 & 1/2 hours and then the last 30min put the oven on broil.

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/37228"rck3sactown" url="/t/505699/food-thread-vol-grub-life/9250_50#post_23546524"]

[@=/u/37228/MPLSdunk]@MPLSdunk[/@] What's on your menu for the truck? Looks like you have something for everybody.

Kimchi dog

Regular dog

Jerk wings

Copper river salmon

would try every single dish

I'm a sucker for jerk, theres a Jamaican jerk place across the street from my hospital I hit up like once a week :lol:

rck, Info on the Jamaican place :nerd:

Still trying to find that decent Jamaican spot :smh:

Of course

Good luck and have fun
Do you have any suggestions on how to cook short ribs in the oven? I was planning to set the temp to 300 degrees and place the meat in the pan and cover in foil for 2 & 1/2 hours and then the last 30min put the oven on broil.
Should work just fine. The broil at the end should give it the color or you could seer it with some flour before and that'll help keep all the juices in the meat

Took my lil sister out to get crepes for breakfast.

Taylor ham, ham, bacon, eggs, pepperjack and Sriracha in this one

Grilled chicken, spinach, apple slices, provolone with lemon vinaigrette

Also went out to get ramen for lunch. The place had some bad lighting so my ramen pic came out crappy.

The gyoza though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom