FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I'm going to DC this weekend, staying close to George Washington University. solewoman solewoman or anyone one else in area recommend any spots? I'm not picky, just looking for good food.

And you're right BenDover, Founding farmers has came up in the searches, and the pics look pretty good back there. Ted's Bulletin is another one that pops up a lot

Ted's has FANTASTIC homemade poptarts.

Founding Farmers is decent also...

I'd recommend Masa 14 for brunch. $35 all you can eat/drink.

Ted's has FANTASTIC homemade poptarts.

Founding Farmers is decent also...

I'd recommend Masa 14 for brunch. $35 all you can eat/drink.

do tell.

I'm going to DC this weekend, staying close to George Washington University. solewoman solewoman or anyone one else in area recommend any spots? I'm not picky, just looking for good food.

And you're right BenDover, Founding farmers has came up in the searches, and the pics look pretty good back there. Ted's Bulletin is another one that pops up a lot

Nandos peri peri
Bens chili bowl
Carolina kitchen
Old towne inn
Capital grille
Tropicana
Founding farmers
Alero
Shake shack
Rosa Mexicano
The counter
Chopt
Bus boys and poets
Oohs and aahs

I'm sure I'll think of more lol

^ Thanks... I think we're going to try it next Sunday... My son is playing some "organized" pick up soccer at private school & we'll go there after he plays...

Nandos peri peri
Bens chili bowl
Carolina kitchen
Old towne inn
Capital grille
Tropicana
Founding farmers
Alero
Shake shack
Rosa Mexicano
The counter
Chopt
Bus boys and poets
Oohs and aahs

I'm sure I'll think of more lol

Not to nit-pick, but some of those are national chains, tho...

I'll say this about Ben's. Food sucks, but it's something you should eat at least once.

I'll say this about Ben's. Food sucks, but it's something you should eat at least once.

bens tasted pretty good to me when i visited.

i got something different however. i suggest anybody in the area to try it. get the turkey burger and put cole slaw on it. it was really good

That's fine. He didn't ask for dc specific. So I just threw stuff out there. Feel free to add to it.

Oh and jjs cheesesteaks

That's fine. He didn't ask for dc specific. So I just threw stuff out there. Feel free to add to it.

Oh and jjs cheesesteaks

Chili's, Applebee's, Wendy's, etc. (jk)....But if someone is visiting, I would have just thrown out restaurants that are exclusive to this area.

Off the top of my head: Masa 14 (brunch), Cava Mezze, FAST GOURMET (in a gas station, but AMAZING food), Toki Underground, 2 Amys, Comet Ping Pong...

Last edited:
Chili's, Applebee's, Wendy's, etc. (jk)....But if someone is visiting, I would have just thrown out restaurants that are exclusive to this area.

Off the top of my head: Masa 14 (brunch), Cava Mezze, FAST GOURMET (in a gas station, but AMAZING food), Toki Underground, 2 Amys, Comet Ping Pong...

Touché but everything I listed is exclusive to this area imo (I'm from Los Angeles) It's not like I said go to mcdonalds. If someone were to ask me about LA I'd say in-n-out which is a west coast chain. So....

Yea. I usually went to the places with high ratings.
I tried this spot called Taylor's Gourmet. They had really good Sandwhiches.
And I tried matchbox, I got a prossuto and fig pizza....and like 6 beers lol

Good looks you guys, gonna check those out. Gonna try to hit Masa this weekend for that brunch, and I'll keep an eye out for those spots while I'm over there or doing more research on the city.

Completely forgot about Bens. That seemed to be on all those travel-channel food shows a few years back but if it's nothing special then I won't make it a priority. My girl has been talking about those poptarts from Ted's all weekend so we'll definitely be going there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom