FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Will try this, SOON
nerd.gif
bro sign me up 
nerd.gif

If you're down to try sausages, give Wurstkuche a shot.

Love that place fries are fire. Just hate how packed it gets some nights.
THIS. Sometimes I go to just get fries and beer. 
So where does the "legend" come from?

It's all hype from back in the days. Pink's is open late and is near some of the studios. All these celebs went there and hyped it up. Now it's a tourist attraction. I mean, if you're in town and there was no line (not likely), its worth a try. 
Hainan chicken and rice

Tasty Choice aint the same no more since they changed owners. Have you tried the filet mignon and baked sole there? Flamez. Where is that Mac n Cheese from btw?
How much is one of these machines? And how did you cook it?
Will try this, SOON
nerd.gif
Da Gawd of eats in socal aint been there yet? I am disappoint, b.

I MISSED Y'ALL
tongue.gif
Where you been bro?

Tasty Choice aint the same no more since they changed owners. Have you tried the filet mignon and baked sole there? Flamez. Where is that Mac n Cheese from btw?
I tried their Baked Sole Filet and Beef Short Rib. It was :smokin

Mac n Cheese is from 38 degrees ale house. It's a very good gastropub in Alhambra. Their beer selection is A1, better than Yardhouse IMO

Last edited:
Hit up the late night dim sum spot last night. Anyone ever try a taro smoothie? Yo, it was greatness. Also had some Korean-style short ribs that were so damn good.

THIS. Sometimes I go to just get fries and beer. 

I love the exotic stuff :lol:

you guys try the rattlesnake/rabbit one?

Last edited:
Me and bae gotta find a new spot this weekend... [emoji]128064[/emoji] any place unmentioned in the dmv? Or bmore?

It's all hype from back in the days. Pink's is open late and is near some of the studios. All these celebs went there and hyped it up. Now it's a tourist attraction. I mean, if you're in town and there was no line (not likely), its worth a try. 

You hit the nail right on the head. It's a novelty. I myself was not impressed. What killed it for me was the wait. It was 50 min!? If there was no wait... then maybe the place wouldn't be too bad.

Pinks sells hot dogs right? Anyone waiting 50 minutes for a hot dog is crazy. They also need to step up their game if they can't turn hot dogs as fast as people show up.

youngtriz youngtriz

Nice! They are used daily in restaurants. Save hella time with them. They also make really good keef butter if you're into that... Seems like you got a good grasp on it already. Anova is the best brand I've seen too.

Last edited:
Yeah, they have really expensive ones out there, but this is just for home cooking.. Plus I wasn't feeling the sous vide style oven because you're still limited to space. With the anova I can cook in pots or a cooler..
Yeah no keef butter.. They do randoms at my work

That's all you need man. Don't get suckered into an expensive one. I use that same one for work. Just gotta hide if if an inspection happens.

Yeah that's the other nice thing. You can use whatever as long as it doesn't have a huge rim. That's how we hold our eggs for ramen during service then you can cook meat all night with no worries.

I forgot to mention it but LA heads...what happened to jhonnys pastrami off Crenshaw I went there at like 9pm on a Friday and they were closed [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom