FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

A couple
Yeah I gotta say the idea of a never-ending pasta bowl sounds equal parts enticing and lethal.

When I was younger and I went to all you can eat spots, I basically convinced myself I had to eat at least two full plates to really get my money's worth. Not anymore.

I mention that because when I got to Olive Garden (which I do occassionally because my son likes it) I get the unlimtied soup, salad and breadsticks combo. I've double up on the soup a few times, but that's it. I hate the feeling of being over-full, so I try hard not to get there.

Some folks just want unlimited breadsticks and cheap pasta that they don’t have to make themselves.

Not even that cheap

$20 for frozen pasta topped with microwaved chicken and sauce

Idc where you're at, there has to be a better option :lol:

^^^ OG isn't that bad. The only chain restaurant that I've ever been to that I'm convinced everything came from a Costo or Smart and Final pre-packaged meal was Rainforest Cafe. :smh: :lol: The maintenance cost for the animatronic animals and fish tank definitely came out of the food budget.

Leftovers
IMG_20211215_170504__01.jpg

OG out here advertising with Italians “like mama used to make”

as they serve microwaved salty shrimp alfredo and lobby against labor rights

they keep it real alright

real trash

Again, why does it have to be, "It's for people that don't real Italian and/or don't have access to real Italian."

Why can't people just like it on an absolute and not relative (to authentic Italian spots).

Also, because someone EATS it doesn't mean they are crowning it nor rating it highly.

Why do yall do this :lol:

Treat Yourself better. If I want a burger I sure am not getting McDonald’s either. Their fries sure but nothing else.

It’s not but there’s a minimum level of quality I demand. Just like I really don’t have pizza outside of the New York area. Unless somehow it’s a must try place. I know better because there’s a certain level of quality I demand.

But seriously, if we ALWAYS used the, "If it ain't Authentic, we ain't eating it" logic, then most places would be out of business.

I said it a LONG time ago to SC kid SC kid , stuff being "Authentic" is overrated.

TASTE matters the most to MOST people.

IF it's good, folks ain't caring if it is authentic or not.

Again, why does it have to be, "It's for people that don't real Italian and/or don't have access to real Italian."

Why can't people just like it on an absolute and not relative (to authentic Italian spots).

Also, because someone EATS it doesn't mean they are crowning it nor rating it highly.

Why do yall do this :lol:
Who says that's not the case? And why do people have to hold back on their opinions of Olive Garden?

If you like Olive Garden, then great. The opinion of someone else shouldn't stop you from enjoying it.

Getting upset or second-guessing yourself because someone doesn't like a restaurant you enjoy just screams of fragility to me.

Hell, I eat Arby's a few times a year but you don't see me crying the blues that people trash it here.

Again, EVERY meal you eat isn't meant to be a "treat."
But in the context of eating Olive Garden, who is eating that for the sole purpose of sustenance?

Back
Top Bottom