FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Also funny story for y’all. Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday and I made some snacks. So I was trying empanadas cause their a staple in my house. So my man goes to walk the dogs and he comes back and says that as he was walking back someone two doors down was walking down the hallway and said to her husband. “Someone must be cooking dinner, it smells very ethnic”. And I laughed wished I would have been able to say na what your smelling is seasoning 🤣

Liquid Nitrogen ice cream.

31909C70-F7FD-4583-855D-0331594AF818.jpeg
67F2A106-4AF7-45C7-8E3D-722583122536.jpeg
That liquid nitrogen is cool. They used to use it at this high end restaurant i worked at years ago. They made these chocolate baileys bombs with it. Pretty dope.

Restaurant X from Saturday night:
Gougere with shisho mornay
0.jpg

Coquilles St. Jacques with shaved truffle, yuzu butter, herb panko, and toasted pine nuts
0-1.jpg

Stuffed cabbage with pouissin, foie gras, truffle chicken mousse, and umami broth
0-2.jpg

Veal tenderloin with jamon de Bayonne, brown butter grain mustard sauce, arugula, and kabocha squash
0-3.jpg

Rohan duck breast with baby bok choy, apricot gelee, mango-foie gras dumpling, and peking duck jus
0-4.jpg

Chilean seabass with miso-whiskey glaze, sumo mandarin, citrus braised endive, and edamame puree
0-5.jpg

Snake River Farms wagyu, butter poached lobster tail, rutabaga puree, and red wine reduction
0-6.jpg

Tagliatelle, "exotic" mushrooms, shaved truffle, porcini nage, truffle moliterno
0-7.jpg

Carrot cake with orange glace, ginger ice cream, and chantilly
0-8.jpg

Pavlova with raspberry cremieux and almond praline
0-9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom