FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Those glasses are sick...

Bradford glass...
**** was $60...couldn't pass that up...most of the glass is way out of my price range...broke like 3 brewery glasses though so that equals 1 glass from Bradford...
$60 is a steal in terms of hand-crafted glass prices. Plus it's probably way more solid than any mass-produced brewery glassware with a bake-on label.

The beer glassware scene is weird. Dudes will pay hundreds of dollars for some crappy mass-produced glass with some cheesy 8-bit parody graphic while overlooking the higher quality stuff from actual artists.

I just turn my brain off when it comes to it. Stuff like that only burns if you stare directly at it.

Wife wanted smoked wings…did them on the big green egg…came out phenomenal
87863EA8-95C8-4643-B78B-AE47E2696FB1.jpeg
BA1ECC58-C1AE-4684-A917-C54ACF70C606.jpeg
A59C0D50-C3F1-4500-B12B-FB87F881C9D4.jpeg

Starting to make better sandwiches thanks to Ethan a YouTuber I follow.

Few tips from the video:
Tightly wrap the sandwhich in parchment paper
Use a mandolin to slice the tomatoes and onion
Add oil and vinegar to the lettuce
Salt the tomatoes

0C89F0C6-8AA5-4692-AE80-232697DFFF0C.jpeg
AC644847-7EA9-4FB8-BF4B-1B5564175B73.jpeg
A4A8BF2C-F299-477B-9394-EAAAE3E715AC.jpeg
E2A96622-2FDA-4C81-8A28-4A2E6C713EDA.jpeg
3D1A4432-8121-4D26-B586-2606E07CD145.jpeg
439F2A74-B6BC-48F8-B559-898BE4BEF327.jpeg
55F05CE3-68F3-47EA-BA51-8F1E72945E7E.jpeg

Tomatoes in the mandolin kinda sounds like a mess. Other than that, good tips!

Tomatoes in the mandolin kinda sounds like a mess. Other than that, good tips!
A mess and super scary. One false move and that’s an ER visit. It was worth it though. My knife skills need work to cut them nice and even each time. Work in progress.

In Reno for the weekend. This joint been on Triple D (Food Network), Gold 'N Silver Inn restaurant

Had this meatloaf hot plate, wheat toast underneath with mash potatoes on the side (yes carb overload). The gravy was house made, can tell had red wine in it. It doesn't look appetizing but it was good and filling (duh)
IMG_20220220_220052.jpg

Patty melt
IMG_20220220_220029.jpg

Buffalo chicken sliders
IMG_20220220_220040.jpg

There was three more plates but I just wanted to eat lol

A mess and super scary. One false move and that’s an ER visit. It was worth it though. My knife skills need work to cut them nice and even each time. Work in progress.
i have a japanese bread knife that i use for tomatoes and it works perfectly

I was out to dinner with some old co workers the other day and they were clowning me and my other friend cause we they said we never struggled. We were talking about struggle meals and we said we didn’t like Vienna sausages or baked beans or never had life cereal 😂. So my question is what is your favorite struggle meal? Mine is fried eggs with white rice. That was my moms go to lol

I was out to dinner with some old co workers the other day and they were clowning me and my other friend cause we they said we never struggled. We were talking about struggle meals and we said we didn’t like Vienna sausages or baked beans or never had life cereal 😂. So my question is what is your favorite struggle meal? Mine is fried eggs with white rice. That was my moms go to lol
A lot of my college meals were struggle. Pouring cold jarred sauce on boiled pasta. Rice-a-Roni and Hamburger Helper, etc.

Top ramen. Chicken or beef, doesn’t matter. Crack an egg, beat it and pour it in. Add a teaspoon of butter, some minced garlic, and chopped green onions. All of a sudden what seemed like struggle doesn’t seem it like as much.

If I’m keeping it :emoji_100: I legitimately like the Stroganoff Hamburger Helper and have used it from time to time after college. But I substitute red wine for water to bring out a little more flavor.
Trying this. I also love this stuff but I usually add a bit of shredded cheddar and top with sour cream and of course parsley. Mostly was a college thing but get a craving once or twice a year.

Back
Top Bottom