FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

This stuff. Crack.

AEF1445E-DC3F-4B63-AD50-AE72197DE08A.jpeg
My girl puts this on everything lol she’s got some peanuts laying around with this same label

Been watching Street Food on Netflix.

Any of you Angelinos been to Carnitas El Momo? Tacos looked :pimp:

All the places on that LA episode looked good tbh.
Got to meet these guys. During lockdown/quarantine they teamed up with this bar I frequent and started selling to go food outta there. Their carnitas is legit.

Haven’t watched that series. Are they still hustling food out their house in east la?

Sengwiches for lunch today. Girlfriend got this one with fried eggplant, provolone, spicy soppressata, sundried tomatoes, cherry pepper relish, and balsamic:
1BCE39A3-0D69-4202-A39B-C8A39075637B.jpeg

The place we went to does their own version of an Italian hero with better meats and fresh mozzarella, but I wanted to see how their version of an Americanized one was:
87E27D42-669A-4EA0-928F-D4F62F793177.jpeg

The man who made it called it a “wannabe Italian” and it hurt my feelings. There were some things about it that I would change but it was made begrudgingly so I gave it some leniency. Still tasted pretty good.

It's so weird to hear them call corner stores bodegas so commonly these past few years. You got Ock making your food yet it's called a bodega. Our corner stores in my area of Brooklyn wasn't only Latino. We had plenty of Arab owned/run stores too. We either called dude Ock, or Papi, then proceeded to ask for our Ham/cheese hero, with salt, pepper and vinegar.
Arabs don't serve pork unless they're not muslim

Just got back from Liberty Ave. Had to get me & my dad some of that delicious Guyanese grub from Singh's Roti Shop. This time I dined-in as I wanted to try it all fresh & hot. We had doubles(Doubles is a common street food originating in Trinidad of Indian origin. It is normally eaten during breakfast, but is also eaten occasionally during lunch or as a late night snack and popular hangover food for locals) with tamarind chutney 🤤, my dad ordered Pepper roti which has veggies, cheese & pepper flavored in. They give you A LOT of pepper roti for $12.

My dad also had their veggie fried rice & veggie chowmein & he said both were great. I asked for yellow daal with white rice but they were out of rice so I just went with plain aloo(potato) with regular buss up roti. We love their roti's. It's so different from what we're used to as Pakis. Ours are nowhere near as thick as Guyanese roti.

Also had philourie & some sodas I had to get while I was in the neighborhood. I didn't have the Tomboy brand cream soda last time but scooped one up today so let's see how it tastes in comparison to the Jamaican one. God Bless the Guyanese people...they know how to food. Minus the bevs all that food was only $45. This restaurants prices can't be beat + the quantity they give is insane.
20220805_182011.jpg
20220805_182107.jpg
20220805_182249.jpg
20220805_182854.jpg
20220805_192033.jpg

Man that looks like your standard Szechuan chili oil crisp, just use it on whatever you would use that on. Which could be everything but works especially well with Chinese foods. I'll get the bottle below add some Flatiron Pepper Asian flakes. to kick it up.
images

merlin_190218933_34ab049b-7d60-41d2-8685-34f2e44c5a4a-articleLarge.jpg

Had no idea that is what it was. I honestly never even opened the Jar and just returned it back to Trader Joe's.

That's wild there wasn't any trace of it being traditionally Asian from looking at the bottle QU!K QU!K . Yea I had no clue.

In the heights it’s a bodega no matter if a Arab or Latino is in the back. Can’t remember the last time I heard someone up here say deli or corner store. It’s just a bodega to us. Them Arabs be speaking Spanish anyway

Had no idea that is what it was. I honestly never even opened the Jar and just returned it back to Trader Joe's.

That's wild there wasn't any trace of it being traditionally Asian from looking at the bottle QU!K QU!K . Yea I had no clue.
The chilli crunch oil slaps pretty hard with pot stickers too. Just add a couple drops of soy sauce and rice/apple cider vinegar

Today in adventures at the discount food place was this beef joint. Gave it some salt, pepper and garlic and 7 hours sous vide at 137° then an ice bath and a hot oven for 15 minutes or so. Probably slightly more done than I wanted but it was good.

4C61CEE4-C71F-419C-8BB2-44371EA01FD5.jpeg

619A862F-D20F-4A04-956E-0B45F9D89AA7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom