FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

1st batch of lunch from Hard Rock, Punta Cana. ODed on paella, as you can see.

Didn't intend to be this interactive Day 1, but called an early night to delve into excursions tomorrow. First dinner: Hibachi with cold sake. Fried ice cream dessert.

Had to crush room service before helping NT folk with FF advice.

my mother in law made this yesterday. it's a homemade peanut butter-based granola bar topped with condensed milk, peanut butter, pretzels, cookies and creme chocolate, and potato chips. it was soooooo good 
laugh.gif

hong kong milk tea x jasmine milk tea from boba guys in SF.

chasu ramen with sea salt-based broth x miso-based broth at suzu ramen house in SF

yogurt gelato with mango drizzle and cashews from gelati pop in alameda.

strawberry shaved ice topped with condensed milk and strawberries from snow flake teahouse in union city.

bonus: jook (eaten already) with chicken feet. 

This stuff is iight. I'd rather have either a different beer or regular root beer. 

I was out in the East Village last night being DD for my brother and his friends.

Artichoke slice from Artichoke Basille's

Matcha Chocolate Truffle Crepe from T-swirl Crêpe

And of course a night out drinking in the city isn't complete without some Halal Guys

So my night out in the city ran a little longer than expected and I ended up getting home at 6AM. I had a 9AM class this morning...

I typically prefer hot coffee but these were on sale and I was already running late. (Can't chug hot coffee)

Class let out early so I met up with some friends for AYCE Sushi

Yellowtail Jalapeno hand roll

Green tea and vanilla ice cream

How similar to root beer does the root beer beer taste?

I'd say it's pretty spot on though I haven't had normal root beer in quite some time. You could definitely taste a hint of alcohol in the beer but it was not a bad mix at all. I wouldn't buy more for myself but if someone offered it I wouldn't turn it down lol. If I'm gonna drink a sweet beer I'd rather it taste fruity :lol:

Back
Top Bottom