FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Peruvian chicken thighs, chopped salad, salsa criolla, and green sauce:
AB843C44-204C-4671-B20B-05CFD3577BAA.jpeg

We planted a couple of apple trees in the garden 2 years ago. They’re not very tall but one of them has produced tons of apples in the last few weeks - and they’re delicious.

I’m currently eating this one dipped in some home made caramel sauce.

9EFF71D4-B273-4F19-9219-0E3C53CC9BE9.jpeg

How cold do your winters get?

Looks nice.

I know we can grow apple trees here in this area too, I've just been faking on doing IT.

Costco chicken is moist and juicy but less seasoning then cane's.
I don't even think they use salt.

How cold do your winters get?

Looks nice.

I know we can grow apple trees here in this area too, I've just been faking on doing IT.

It gets to around freezing and slightly below sometimes - not much colder than that usually. Most of winter is a few degrees above freezing and wet.

Apple trees are very resiliant and can withstand freezing winters. I want to plant a cherry tree in my front yard but I didnt see many this year for sale, the one I did was like $100... them ****s were like $20-30 the year before.

So.... has anyone been reading all the studies on how all these ultra processed foods being a direct link to cancel and lower mortality rates in general? Seriously considering trying a mostly vegetarian diet. My energy levels after I get off work lately have bern worse than ever... getting old, and I probably should start taking better care of myself before I have real problems.

Im also about to get rid of all my teflon pots and pans for the same reason and replace them with stainless ones, which I know is going to take some getting used to. Already replaced my rice cooker with one with a fully ceramic bowl.

2022-09-06 08.57.14.jpg

My machine ran out of water so I added more and pressed the button again. Now I'm not sure if I have a double or triple espresso. Find out in a bit I guess.

Apple trees are very resiliant and can withstand freezing winters. I want to plant a cherry tree in my front yard but I didnt see many this year for sale, the one I did was like $100... them ****s were like $20-30 the year before.

So.... has anyone been reading all the studies on how all these ultra processed foods being a direct link to cancel and lower mortality rates in general? Seriously considering trying a mostly vegetarian diet. My energy levels after I get off work lately have bern worse than ever... getting old, and I probably should start taking better care of myself before I have real problems.

Im also about to get rid of all my teflon pots and pans for the same reason and replace them with stainless ones, which I know is going to take some getting used to. Already replaced my rice cooker with one with a fully ceramic bowl.

Always been a concern of mine. But only do it half heartedly. It’s crazy how much stuff is processed and then again ultra processed. I do think next year I’m going to start taking thing more seriously however. I only cook with cast iron, ceramic and very few stainless steel. Also switched all cooking utensils to Mangowood or stainless steel

2022-09-06 08.57.14.jpg

My machine ran out of water so I added more and pressed the button again. Now I'm not sure if I have a double or triple espresso. Find out in a bit I guess.
It takes a lot for me to feel the effects of caffeine. When I had to study all night in college i'd drink a double espresso then get a few colas and then caffeine pills from the vending machine.

Back
Top Bottom