FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I've never been to a Mongolian spot that didn't mix in the food after cooking.

Unless you took that picture before you handed the cooks the food.
Chef DC they mix it while they cook it and just toss it in the bowl after. It just so happened that the meat veg and others ended up at the bottom this time.

Is Charlotte v. NO really 24 to 35 at half or is my score app glitching?

*Edit - wrong thread, but thank you ahat ahat

Breaking my own rules to do a hybrid burger. Italian hoagie #smashmouth: lettuce, tomato, onion, Home Alone cheese, oil, vinegar, oregano, cherry pepper relish mayo on a hinged Big Marty.
12AB4F6C-4E79-4471-85DE-D5EDFDCD413E.jpeg
95050B03-76A0-4FA2-B37E-30B3E5316F95.jpeg

did the food in Toronto get better recently? I remember a few years ago NTers were getting roasted for posting food pics 😂
Overall yes. We finally getting recognition with the Michelin and on the world stage. But there’s always been a wide range of cuisines from all over the world. People usually need someone to show them around to get the best experience. All those mom & pop shops outside of the city core probably won’t ever make a Michelin list.

yeah people being bougie for no reason is annoying. you gotta take stuff for what it is, if you go to Olive Garden expecting to feel like you're in Italy congratulations you're an idiot.

then you got the other side of the spectrum which is some name like "smoke and bullets" or whatever combo of "__ and __" they come up with.

place is gonna be full of a bunch of recycled junk and plants, some butchered version of soul food thats trash made by a guy who thinks he's elevating something that doesn't need to be elevated by serving it on plywood with vinyls playing.

the thing is despise the most is gentrified Mexican food for people who are too scared to try and read a Spanish/speak Spanish menu and need a safe space in the burbs with 8 dollar tacos.

Although it's mostly social media, most restaurants use cheaper ingredients, which makes the food not as good as it used to be.

There's plenty of small businesses that suck though.
Most small businesses that suck eventually close down. They wouldn’t be able to stay open unless they had patrons.

Back
Top Bottom