FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Garlic fries from dinner

075DF76F-59A5-410C-8E8B-095C38D6F231.jpeg

I moved out of CA in 2000. Growing up, I didn't know In-N-Out was just a southern California thing. I had no national awareness (and very little global awareness for that matter).

Tennessee was where I moved to. I remember talking to people at work about INO and people would ask me all the time "What if there was an INO out here? Just what if? Would you like that?"

I've always said no, and I've maintained that position even up to last year. I have a cousin who lives in Dallas where there's an INO (2, I think). Him and I were talking about this very topic, around Tgiving and I had told him that I think it's sacrilegious that there's an INO that far East.

I've always felt like that.

And then I read this article the other day. 👀😬

Look, I'm 3 hrs from Nashville. Will I go to Nashville for INO in all of it's sacrilegious glory?

Now all the INO slander can commence. "Overrated."
"Trash."
"Shake Shack > ."
"Wattaburger > ."

kbutyouwrondoe

Waste of calories

I typically only eat useful calories because I have fitness goals and want to look a certain way because I want women to want to have sex with me. Not everyone has the same goals or ambitions and that's totally fine.

However, certain foods are as good or in some cases even better than sex. WingStop wings + WingStop ranch is in that category therefore they are NOT a waste of calories. Same with Cheetohs.

But a glass of juice? JUICE? That's a waste of calories.

I moved out of CA in 2000. Growing up, I didn't know In-N-Out was just a southern California thing. I had no national awareness (and very little global awareness for that matter).

Tennessee was where I moved to. I remember talking to people at work about INO and people would ask me all the time "What if there was an INO out here? Just what if? Would you like that?"

I've always said no, and I've maintained that position even up to last year. I have a cousin who lives in Dallas where there's an INO (2, I think). Him and I were talking about this very topic, around Tgiving and I had told him that I think it's sacrilegious that there's an INO that far East.

I've always felt like that.

And then I read this article the other day. 👀😬

Look, I'm 3 hrs from Nashville. Will I go to Nashville for INO in all of it's sacrilegious glory?

Now all the INO slander can commence. "Overrated."
"Trash."
"Shake Shack > ."
"Wattaburger > ."

kbutyouwrondoe

Foe

I knew there was some sense about you

-Spike

I Had INO About 10 Years Ago In Vegas And Cant Remember If It Was Good Or Not.

I Feel Like That Market On The East Coast Is Booming With So Many Options Now.

Here’s the deal with In N Out, from what I see.

It’s a very good fast food burger. One of the best. It delivers: freshness, consistency across all In N Out’s, quality, and it’s priced at a great value. Not to mention the service is always great.

The issue is: people overhype it because it’s mostly limited to the west coast, and it’s so good for those who can consistently get it. We know how to order our favorite and it’s open late - so we love it.

So when someone flies out from the East or anywhere, they think the burger is gonna change their life. At the end of the day, it’s a burger. The name / lore of it sometimes makes the expectations unrealistic.

Albeit the fries aren’t the best you’ll find but they’re not bad if you get “light well done” or “well done” and dip in some spread. And even the fries, they’re cut fresh all day long as you order.

At the end of the day, my wife and I can get 2 really good double cheeseburger meals that we really enjoy, with fries and a drink, for $20. It’s hard to find that these days.

-spike

In N’ Out’s burger gets the correct amount of praise. It’s good for what if is.

The fries are an absolute joke though. Some of the worst fast food fries out there.

even the fries, they’re cut fresh all day long as you order.
This is exactly why Five Guys & INO are my personal faves. In both cases, your order of fries was a whole *** potato 10 minutes ago. Not out of a frozen bag, not even out of a refrigerated bag; a fresh cut potato.

When someone says "I hate Five Guys fries" or "I hate In-and-Out fries," I can't help but translate that as "I hate fresh potatoes being made into fries. Throw those things through a processing mill and add some emulsifiers, dammit!"

I typically only eat useful calories because I have fitness goals and want to look a certain way because I want women to want to have sex with me. Not everyone has the same goals or ambitions and that's totally fine.

However, certain foods are as good or in some cases even better than sex. WingStop wings + WingStop ranch is in that category therefore they are NOT a waste of calories. Same with Cheetohs.

But a glass of juice? JUICE? That's a waste of calories.
Ranch is trash

This is exactly why Five Guys & INO are my personal faves. In both cases, your order of fries was a whole *** potato 10 minutes ago. Not out of a frozen bag, not even out of a refrigerated bag; a fresh cut potato.

When someone says "I hate Five Guys fries" or "I hate In-and-Out fries," I can't help but translate that as "I hate fresh potatoes being made into fries. Throw those things through a processing mill and add some emulsifiers, dammit!"

People get frustrated with 5 Guys Fries being soggy. That is a legit argument. But I also say that is #UserError because it has been stated many times that fries that have a tendency to get soggy should be ordered as, "Well Done."

Their fries are very good though.

InO fries grew on me pretty quickly tbh. i wasn't a fan at first but now i love them. i always get em well done

I would imagine this would be the right move to make.

I haven’t
But I will

How you tried them yet?

The love us Californian’s have for In-N-Out has always factored in value - that you’re getting a tasty burger made from quality, fresh ingredients at a really good price. Less than at a lot of places that are serving you frozen stuff.

But people from elsewhere just hear the praise as “ZooOooMG BEsT burGErs EvER!!!!!”

The love us Californian’s have for In-N-Out has always factored in value - that you’re getting a tasty burger made from quality, fresh ingredients at a really good price. Less than at a lot of places that are serving you frozen stuff.

But people from elsewhere just hear the praise as “ZooOooMG BEsT burGErs EvER!!!!!”
This. Nailed it.

If I ever leave CA I’ll be legit upset if I’m not near an In N Out. It’s just always been near me. Hell, I have 2 within 5 minutes of the crib :lol:

this is so true

Back
Top Bottom