FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG-20230115-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20230115-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20230115-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20230115-WA0006.jpg

post 24 hour salt brine. is anyone experienced with tenderloins? do i have to tie a string around it when i cook it? it’s pretty marbled i’m scared it might just come apart.

How do you plan to cook it? I usually reverse sear or sous vide filets

Never cooked a wagu filet but should come out nicely with a reverse sear

How do you plan to cook it? I usually reverse sear or sous vide filets

Never cooked a wagu filet but should come out nicely with a reverse sear
yeah gonna reverse sear it.
just overnight it’s already coming apart cause its so marbled. i’ve seen some people tie a string around it so i was just wondering.

when you sous vide, do you do the ice bath thing to cool the skin and prevent the inner grey band? thinking about trying something similar.

Random Hail Mary throw of a question that I'm gonna put out there: has anyone else found it exceedingly difficult to find whole star anise in grocery stores as of late?

I can find anise seed without issue, but the actual whole cloves are nowhere to be found out by me. Been to about 5 different grocery stores in the past month to no avail. This never used to be a problem for me.

I haven’t had oj in
Random Hail Mary throw of a question that I'm gonna put out there: has anyone else found it exceedingly difficult to find whole star anise in grocery stores as of late?

I can find anise seed without issue, but the actual whole cloves are nowhere to be found out by me. Been to about 5 different grocery stores in the past month to no avail. This never used to be a problem for me.
Asian stores around here always have it.

Na just you. Copped a pack last week for my tea’s

Back
Top Bottom