FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

It’s the same as saying “Asian food” LOL

I dunno. Asian food has far more variation and specificity than Middle Eastern.

When I want to eat vietnamese, japanese, thai......I expect something different. Asian countries within close proximity can taste very similar. The middle east is a smaller conglomerate of nations than Asia.

I dunno. Asian food has far more variation and specificity than Middle Eastern.

When I want to eat vietnamese, japanese, thai......I expect something different. Asian countries within close proximity can taste very similar. The middle east is a smaller conglomerate of nations than Asia.
The middle east is in Asia lol

Is Egypt not in the Middle East?

Are they not all influenced by Arabic cuisine/culture?

I'm confused.

Egypt is on the African continent but it is considered a "Middle Eastern" country. Very strong Arabic influences like you said. Some form of Arabic is the most spoken language in Egypt. You are correct in your assessment.

Including a region spanning 20 diff countries but gonna limit Mexican to the zip code :lol:
Entirely possible, like you like Szechuan but not a fan of Guangdong style. I like all though.

Clear bias here:

Jamaican - Especially in Jamaica, man nothing I've had beats these perfect mix of spices and flavor
Chinese - all region styles
Vietnamese
Greek - Any Mediterranean really
Mexican

Lots more though like Trini, Italian, Japanese, Turkish, Indian, Pakistan, Afghan etc etc

Best chicken salad I’ve ever had @ John Brown Butcher- Cockeysville
01A397FE-DC42-4D38-B5E0-B3832ABF8676.jpeg

Concur. But the French stuff I like tends to be really rich - a lot of cream and butter, etc., so I don’t eat it often. Rare treat.

It really is the polar opposite of Italian food despite the proximity (and small overlap)

The richness and complexity of a lot of French dishes keeps it out of the top for me but I always enjoy it

Back
Top Bottom