FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Indian for the next few days. This place gives you a lot of food for a decent price. Didnt take a pic of some other sauces I got...Madras and Chicken tikka masala.
20230604_221030.jpg
20230604_221256.jpg
20230604_221408.jpg

One of the few things about “Capitalism” I like.

If there’s a buyer there’s a market lol

Not even ashamed to admit it - I am a sucker for expensive novelty food items so I would for sure drop $100 on that. Problem is that I know I wouldn’t finish it :lol: Four donuts is OD so I would share those with the homies but the actually shake THO!?! 12 ounces of liquor is 8 shots and it’s Vegas so the math with that plus 72 ounces of ice cream and other toppings might actually check out IMO.

Two of my favorites novelties (kind of go-tos at this point :lol: :smh:) include a cheesesteak and a box of cereal. Back in 2012 this Philly steakhouse introduced the “$100 Cheesesteak.” It consists of thinly sliced wagyu ribeye, foie gras, onions and truffled cheese whiz on a baked sesame roll and it comes with a half bottle of champagne. It was HITS. However, since I’ve first had it the price has gone up from $100 to $140 :wow: No change in ingredients, no extra food or alcohol, no quality increase: Crazy.

As for cereal, I am not sure if it was ever discussed in here but my other favorite novelty is the mini-croissant cereal (NYers might be familiar). It’s made by this Brooklyn bakery and they are exactly like they sound - handmade super small croissants that they bake, dip in syrup then I guess let them sit (cinnamon plays a part somewhere in the process and they might sprinkle them with crack but TBD.) They only have a couple boxes each morning and people legit line up for them even at $50/box. My friend in the city has these two guys who will camp overnight to get a box each then he ships me one. The bakery says that they are good for about 3 weeks so I usually keep the freshest box in the crib then rotate the older one to my office for nibbles and repeat when the next shipment comes through.

Typing that out made me realize how ridiculous it is that cereal might be my most expensive grocery purchase category each month :lol:

Ok, fine. I’ll play. Not necessarily in any particular order. I love all of these so it would take some time to accurately sort them out. However:

1) Italian
2) Mexican
3) Japanese

I know of a gourmet Chef named Alejandro that cooks a Chilean sea bass that would put Chilean food at the #1 spot if you tried it. Heard it’s to die for.
02E711E1-4287-4EB8-B75F-E8B57F4E3206.jpeg

I know of a gourmet Chef named Alejandro that cooks a Chilean sea bass that would put Chilean food at the #1 spot if you tried it. Heard it’s to die for.
02E711E1-4287-4EB8-B75F-E8B57F4E3206.jpeg
Lol. I think I remember reading that the sales of Chilean Sea Bass skyrocketed after the release of Jurassic Park. I’ve always thought that dish looked delicious, even as a kid. Folks have even recreated that specific recipe on youtube. The plating is rather pretty, I believe the orange you see is sweet potato.

The lifestyle and quality of life. Infrastructure, etc

Alot of fake, superficial people that seem to congregate there

Is the infrastructure highly rated though? People know the public transportation isn't on the level of an East Coast major city. They know traffic is horrible.

Folks know there are hundreds of thousands of fake people there just trying to get put on. Those things are on the warning label.

But as far as lifestyle and quality of life being overrated, how so?

I come in peace.

Back
Top Bottom