FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Share with the class pls
He tagged me in this 😂
6595B6C3-39B1-4AA9-9B62-EDAA428277A7.png

^ damb.. any further and whoever ate those 100% would’ve been nibbling on bones

He ain’t lyin tho we ain’t gon forget this one

LA >>>>>>>>>>>

You can find all the food you want here. Except Dominican food.
Pretty major exclusion.
For that reason, including the fact that WE DO have all the food LA has to offer, plus Dominican, NY > LA. In my humblest of opinions.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford Here is my said list:

The Mütter Museum at The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. 19 S 22nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Museum of medical oddities & a lot of cool stuff to see.

Elfreth's Alley Museum 126 Elfreth's Alley, Philadelphia, PA 19106. One of America's oldest continuously inhabited residential streets with old-school architecture & brick roads. Makes for a good 10-15 minutes stop & take some cool pics.

Betsy Ross House 239 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Seamstress and flag-maker Betsy Ross lived here when she is said to have sewed the first American Flag.

Independence Hall 520 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. US Declaration of Independence & US Constitution were signed here. Very cool & historic building.

Eastern State Penitentiary 2027 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130. Historic former prison. Al Capone was a famous convict here.

Philadelphia's Magic Gardens 1020 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147 a non-profit organization, folk art environment, and gallery space on South Street. Makes for some really nice pictures.

Spruce Street Harbor Park 301 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106. An urban park located in Penn's Landing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Open during the summer, the place features a boardwalk along the Delaware River with a beachfront atmosphere & cozy hammocks.

Saad's Halal Restaurant 4500 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19139. An all-halal restaurant with AMAZING cheesesteaks. The chicken maroosh sandwich is good too as well as their fries & onion rings.

Reading Terminal Market 1136 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19107. An OG food market in Philly with over 100 food vendors. Try Beiler's for their fresh specialty donuts/The Dutch Apple for their fresh apple desserts/Louisiana Kitchen for authentic po'boys & Cajun cooking/The Famous 4th Street Cookie Company for their freshly baked cookies.

Federal Donuts 1909 Sansom St Near Rittenhouse Square. Warm and fresh famous Philly donut chain

The Franklin Fountain 116 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Made from scratch & in-house Ice cream in an old-school ice cream parlor building. Ice cream is put into cute little Chinese takeout style containers. It's a bit pricey but in my opinion worth it. They have a lot more than just ice cream too.

Center City Pretzel Co 816 Washington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Bakery making hand-twisted soft pretzels, braided loaves & pretzel rolls, all kosher, plus sauces. You'll love their soft baked pretzels here. They are .35 cents a pop & their hours are I believe 6am-11am so get there early.

Lorenzo and Sons Pizza 305 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Known for their giant slices. Good 1 time try. As good as a giant pizza slice can possibly be.

PIZZA Shackamaxon 115 E Girard Ave #3907, Philadelphia, PA 19125. They claim to have "America's best pizza" here but it's far from that, lol. However, it is still pretty decent pizza just not America's best, lol.

If I remember anything else I'll let you know.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford Here is my said list:

The Mütter Museum at The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. 19 S 22nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Museum of medical oddities & a lot of cool stuff to see.

Elfreth's Alley Museum 126 Elfreth's Alley, Philadelphia, PA 19106. One of America's oldest continuously inhabited residential streets with old-school architecture & brick roads. Makes for a good 10-15 minutes stop & take some cool pics.

Betsy Ross House 239 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Seamstress and flag-maker Betsy Ross lived here when she is said to have sewed the first American Flag.

Independence Hall 520 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. US Declaration of Independence & US Constitution were signed here. Very cool & historic building.

Eastern State Penitentiary 2027 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130. Historic former prison. Al Capone was a famous convict here.

Philadelphia's Magic Gardens 1020 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147 a non-profit organization, folk art environment, and gallery space on South Street. Makes for some really nice pictures.

Spruce Street Harbor Park 301 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106. An urban park located in Penn's Landing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Open during the summer, the place features a boardwalk along the Delaware River with a beachfront atmosphere & cozy hammocks.

Saad's Halal Restaurant 4500 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19139. An all-halal restaurant with AMAZING cheesesteaks. The chicken maroosh sandwich is good too as well as their fries & onion rings.

Reading Terminal Market 1136 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19107. An OG food market in Philly with over 100 food vendors. Try Beiler's for their fresh specialty donuts/The Dutch Apple for their fresh apple desserts/Louisiana Kitchen for authentic po'boys & Cajun cooking/The Famous 4th Street Cookie Company for their freshly baked cookies.

Federal Donuts 1909 Sansom St Near Rittenhouse Square. Warm and fresh famous Philly donut chain

The Franklin Fountain 116 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Made from scratch & in-house Ice cream in an old-school ice cream parlor building. Ice cream is put into cute little Chinese takeout style containers. It's a bit pricey but in my opinion worth it. They have a lot more than just ice cream too.

Center City Pretzel Co 816 Washington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Bakery making hand-twisted soft pretzels, braided loaves & pretzel rolls, all kosher, plus sauces. You'll love their soft baked pretzels here. They are .35 cents a pop & their hours are I believe 6am-11am so get there early.

Lorenzo and Sons Pizza 305 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Known for their giant slices. Good 1 time try. As good as a giant pizza slice can possibly be.

PIZZA Shackamaxon 115 E Girard Ave #3907, Philadelphia, PA 19125. They claim to have "America's best pizza" here but it's far from that, lol. However, it is still pretty decent pizza just not America's best, lol.

If I remember anything else I'll let you know.

Got damb bro. I lived in Philly for 7 years (Center City for 6) and I have to say your list is detailed as **** :wow: My man got addresses and everything :lol: :nthat: But that’s actually extremely helpful because he’ll need to map it out since those places aren’t all near each other.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford that is an A1 list so definitely look into those spots and if I can think of any others, I’ll let you know

Got damb bro. I lived in Philly for 7 years (Center City for 6) and I have to say your list is detailed as **** :wow: My man got addresses and everything :lol: :nthat: But that’s actually extremely helpful because he’ll need to map it out since those places aren’t all near each other.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford that is an A1 list so definitely look into those spots and if I can think of any others, I’ll let you know
Lol, thanks bro. I've been to Philly like more than a hundred times now & pretty much done most everything it has to offer & still can't get enough. Being as popular of a tourist destination as it is I've written down all the places I've been to in Philly.

Here on NT & other social media platforms it comes up quite often where people want to know what to do in Philly so I always keep my list handy just incase :lol: . Center City is always lively especially during the summer. Now, only if the 76ers will stop being bums & win a championship in the near future that'd be wonderful, lol.

Ended up making reservations to Suraya and Talula’s Garden for dinner.

Gonna try to make Angelo’s my first stop for a hoagie and a cheesesteak. Reading Terminal Market is definitely gonna be a stop as well at some point.

I’ll try to fill some of the gaps with other recommendations I’ve been given.

Thank you to everyone that threw out suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom