FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Had some pierogi for the first time. Very good
These were potato and cheese
510B87CE-7243-4893-AD6B-38AE5D3DD52A.jpeg

Different as the dough is completely different. I’m biased though as I was raised on these things.

Yeah. It was mainly the deep brown in that pic that reminded me of empanadas

Polish Dumplings
more like polish dumplings

Both are dough wrapped around a filling. I guess some only associate a certain type of dough with dumplings

To me it's more about the shape/size. Granted some empanadas are not dumpling like in shape or size either :lol:

The lifestyle and quality of life. Infrastructure, etc

Alot of fake, superficial people that seem to congregate there
This sounds like something Hank Hill would say :lol:

As long as you're not an actor, musician, or model you're not dealing with those stereotypical types of people.

Polish empanadas :smokin
Polish Dumplings
Yeah. It was mainly the deep brown in that pic that reminded me of empanadas

Both are dough wrapped around a filling. I guess some only associate a certain type of dough with dumplings

To me it's more about the shape/size. Granted some empanadas are not dumpling like in shape or size either :lol:
I generally think of empanadas as being fried vs. Dumplings being steamed.

That was the only reason I they are Dumplings.

I generally think of empanadas as being fried vs. Dumplings being steamed.

That was the only reason I they are Dumplings.

That is how most would associate dumplings but is boiled/steamed a definitive aspect?

The question isn't whether pierogies are dumplings

It's whether foods that are fried, baked, made with solid fats, etc. are also dumplings

I don't think frying something precludes it. I can see type of dough being the limiting factor though

That is how most would associate dumplings but is boiled/steamed a definitive aspect?

It's whether foods that are fried, baked, made with solid fats, etc. are also dumplings

I don't think frying something precludes it. I can see type of dough being the limiting factor though
Dumpling Wars

Screenshot_20230606-134327.png

There ARE fried dumplings.

Back
Top Bottom