FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

For those that wash their produce what’s your go to?

I started soaking them in baking soda and water for 15mins. Saw a few articles, post, and videos that stated this help get some of pesticides off.
IMG_2545.jpeg
vinegar and water or the organic fruit vegetable spray.

I do it right when I am about to use. Skin fruit I peel after.

What's the food spots to eat in Colorado Springs anyone?

vinegar and water or the organic fruit vegetable spray.

I do it right when I am about to use. Skin fruit I peel after.

What's the food spots to eat in Colorado Springs anyone?
do you buy organic vegetable and produce?
i go back n forth with no rhyme or reason

hard to say how much a difference i notice other than my bank account

Gonna be in DC next week for 1 day. Getting there around lunch time and leaving next day around lunch too. Any restaurant recommendations are appreciated (kid friendly) Gonna be staying right near all the museums and monuments, but will have my car so can drive a little bit too

I made chimichurri once and it was terrible but I think I need to get a higher quality olive oil for it to work

Nice! Getting up there with slice total 👍. I've got some pizza spots lined up that I want to try pretty soon so that should boost my count quick, lol.

Nice bro 👌 ChiTown is such an awesome frikkin city. Is this your first time there? I ❤️ the Chicago River tour- have done it twice. Try to hit up Bang Bang Pies on North California Avenue for legit comfort food if you have the time.

And ofcourse a nice little cruise down LSD(LakeShore Drive) take in them views & waves from Lake Michigan. Are you doing the Sears Tower tour?

I can't wait to see the pics 👍.

How's your time in Chicago been so far? Hope you're having fun bro.

chicago was awesome. not my first time there, spent a few weeks for work there way back in the day. and then have been for a weekend to watch the bruins play the blackhawks. i really like that city. the humidity was tough but it's beautiful city with great places to eat.

photo dump part 1 (some of the lighting in a couple of these places was low so that's why the pic quality is off):

Robert's Pizza and Dough Co:
1689606123466.png

1689606147153.png

Bonci:

1689606177056.png

1689606203234.png

Donut Vault:

1689606260627.png

1689606293873.png

1689606307198.png

Pequods:

1689606324457.png

Pat's Pizza and Ristorante

1689606354595.png

NADC Burger @ the Drop In: might be THE BEST smashburger i've ever had. highly recommend and apologize for the crappy picture
1689606427881.png

photo dump part 2:

Firecakes:
1689613464682.png

1689613477853.png

Small Cheval: while that NADC smashburger might be the best smashburger, Au Chevel and Small Cheval still might do the best straight up cheese burger. this one isn't as good as Au Cheval but it's damn good
1689613495266.png

Lou's:
1689613389202.png

Jeni's:
1689613406977.png

the only fruits and veggies consumed:
1689613420189.png

the reason for the trip to start with:

1689613437715.png

Last edited:
thanks again walkingBred walkingBred and checks mcgee checks mcgee for the recommendations. i hit a few of the spots that you mentioned so much appreciated. and it was all good. honestly the only mid thing in that whole bunch was the churro donut and i think that's just cause i waited till later to eat it so it wasn't as fresh and soft. appreciate y'all, man :pimp:

i think some of my pics got deleted in the second post. is there a limit to how many can be posted in a short period of time??

I had dinner at Red Robin yesterday evening.

I decided to keep it simple and have the Monster Burger. I also had the peaches and cream milkshake.
IMG_6914.JPG

My dumbass got senile and forgot to request them not to put relish on it since it's part of the ingredients for this burger. 😆
Relish isn't bad, it's just an odd fit on a burger to me. It wasn't bad with the relish on it though. I just have to remember to request them not to include it for future orders.

This burger is a good bargain burger because it includes an extra patty by default, so it'll be cheaper that way since you don't have to add an extra patty by request. The only trade-off is the default ingredients will be basic as hell.

Back
Top Bottom