FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What does something like that cost? Granted it’s just the 2 of us in the house l would pay for someone to clean my bathroom and mop all my floors lol
My house isn’t huge 4 bedrooms, kitchen, and downstairs and 1.5 bathrooms and I pay 130 every two weeks.

I only paid for a cleaning service once.. She was supposed to clean only the bathrooms but she cleaned my entire house.. *free of charge*

I definitely gave her a tip for her generosity..

eqptihv78id01.jpg

Makes sense...raising a family literally makes everything that much more difficult & time consuming. Them 3 weeks must've been paradise, lol, some alone time is a must or else man, it gets exhausting & mentally draining.

Do you & your wife still employ a maid? Sure that's helping too.
It was mad chill. Didn’t have to worry what my kids are going to eat, no one to talk back to me every second, got up and left when I wanted and it was during March madness so I was watching sports 10 in the morning. When the family is here, I only get the TV after 9pm (when they go to bed).

Nah we only hired them 2x. Saving up for a new place so we are saving $$$.

2 but they are less than a km from each other.

Too Good To Go orders are from places I'm passing by or will be close to.

I usually do Costco + Trader Joe and sometimes Aldi too since they are in the same shopping center.

I probably COULD just go to Wegmans and get everything I needed. It’s a mile closer to the house. Would just be more expensive I think.

How many grocery stores are you going to for the basics?

1 would be nice. Almost always ends up being 2 or more for me
2 or more. There's always those few items that one store doesn't have. I also usually shop non grocery items while i'm at it which requires a Walmart or Target, but prefer a proper grocery store for the bulk of my food.

2 or more when you consider international supermarkets. Them joints are no good for American items, prices like double.

Costco covers a good bit but I don’t always want large quantities of produce

And the stores with good produce tend to be more expensive for other items

I usually buy chickens at Costco. Sometimes meat but generally go to a butcher shop for it

International grocery stores as needed which tends to be a lot

Costco
Whole Foods
Meat Farms (best produce selection on LI, IMO)
Italian pork store
Fish market
Occasional trip to the Asian+Hispanic grocery stores for harder to find items

Back
Top Bottom