FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I dislike grocery shopping but definitely don't want others picking out stuff that isn't prepackaged

Forget who it was but someone was saying they could tell if their produce would be good or not based on the name of the person doing their shopping

Basically Asian names are a good sign while Jason or Bill are picking out some bull**** :lol:

I love going grocery shopping.

I used to wake up early every Saturday, get stoned, and show up to the grocery store right when they opened so I could cruise the aisles alone and jam out to the Enya songs they played.

I dislike grocery shopping but definitely don't want others picking out stuff that isn't prepackaged

Forget who it was but someone was saying they could tell if their produce would be good or not based on the name of the person doing their shopping

Basically Asian names are a good sign while Jason or Bill are picking out some bull**** :lol:
I would want the name of the guy who’s picking out my produce name to be Anakin
calibeebee calibeebee darthska darthska

I would want the name of the guy who’s picking out my produce name to be Anakin
calibeebee calibeebee darthska darthska

The guy who’s picking out your produce:
IMG_1849.gif

Have never & will never have my groceries delivered to me. To a lesser degree I think it's just as crazy as having someone do your laundry for you.

Laundry drop-off service can come in clutch given the right circumstances require it but pure human laziness seems to fuel that service mostly from what I've seen.

Came home to someone’s Whole Foods order sitting on my porch one night. No identifying info so brought it in

Thought maybe I came up. Open it to find a single can of tuna and garbanzo beans, carrot sticks, lettuce, and frozen pupusas :smh:

623bbb2e8ce7ed6a99807117_0618645315191-glamor-front-2022-02-23t17-22-00-iphone-7-quality-90-1-...jpg

There was a pack of these at least which were pretty good

Have never & will never have my groceries delivered to me. To a lesser degree I think it's just as crazy as having someone do your laundry for you.

Laundry drop-off service can come in clutch given the right circumstances require it but pure human laziness seems to fuel that service mostly from what I've seen.
Use to feel the same way about house cleaners. Fought my wife for years on it. Finally gave in and it was the best decision. We only had someone clean twice but man it was worth it. I’ve been listening to podcasts about how to better spend your time time and they say if you can afford it, outsource the things you don’t like to do like cleaning, laundry, cooking, and etc. I get both sides to the argument though.

I do all the grocery shopping for our fam and love it. Get some peace from the kids and always get to make sure I get whatever I want.
When I was a dad for the first time I would go to target everyday just to get out the house. Just needed some alone time.

i enjoy grocery shopping but will use delivery service at times when i just don't have time to go

Use to feel the same way about house cleaners. Fought my wife for years on it. Finally gave in and it was the best decision. We only had someone clean twice but man it was worth it. I’ve been listening to podcasts about how to better spend your time time and they say if you can afford it, outsource the things you don’t like to do like cleaning, laundry, cooking, and etc. I get both sides to the argument though.
Nice! I agree having a maid saves a ton of time especially when you're raising a family. Having the disposable income to outsource the mundane tasks is awesome & most people in the right financial situation would do so.

I try to get my laundry & house cleaning down to a science. Laundry I used to do on my days off but that takes time away from me being off & being able to enjoy the day off. What I've been doing for a while now is I do it on my lunch break on Sundays. Then Monday I do a smaller load of laundry which includes work & gym clothes from Sun/Mon. Monday is a work day so the time spent doing the laundry after work Monday saves me that same amount of time on my days off which are Tues/Wed.

Since the past 2 Mondays I now do my house cleaning on Monday during my lunch break. It's a time consuming task which takes upto an hour+ on my days off if I take my sweet time but doing it on my lunch break on a work day forces me to clean it all up faster & Tues/Wed it's 1 less thing for me to worry about.

All in the name of saving time.

Nice! I agree having a maid saves a ton of time especially when you're raising a family. Having the disposable income to outsource the mundane tasks is awesome & most people in the right financial situation would do so.

I try to get my laundry & house cleaning down to a science. Laundry I used to do on my days off but that takes time away from me being off & being able to enjoy the day off. What I've been doing for a while now is I do it on my lunch break on Sundays. Then Monday I do a smaller load of laundry which includes work & gym clothes from Sun/Mon. Monday is a work day so the time spent doing the laundry after work Monday saves me that same amount of time on my days off which are Tues/Wed.

Since the past 2 Mondays I now do my house cleaning on Monday during my lunch break. It's a time consuming task which takes upto an hour+ on my days off if I take my sweet time but doing it on my lunch break on a work day forces me to clean it all up faster & Tues/Wed it's 1 less thing for me to worry about.

All in the name of saving time.
I try to clean as I go but with kids it’s an up hill battle. I was home alone for 3 weeks and it was the longest my home was spotless.

Total Wine, Target, and weed orders are delivered to the house.

I gotta do my own grocery shopping though :lol:
Target delivery is my fav, I do that one quite often. And I also have someone clean come my house every two weeks and let me tell me that was the best decision I ever made. There is no better feeling then coming home and your house is spotless ☺️

Target delivery is my fav, I do that one quite often. And I also have someone clean come my house every two weeks and let me tell me that was the best decision I ever made. There is no better feeling then coming home and your house is spotless ☺️
What does something like that cost? Granted it’s just the 2 of us in the house l would pay for someone to clean my bathroom and mop all my floors lol

I try to clean as I go but with kids it’s an up hill battle. I was home alone for 3 weeks and it was the longest my home was spotless.
Makes sense...raising a family literally makes everything that much more difficult & time consuming. Them 3 weeks must've been paradise, lol, some alone time is a must or else man, it gets exhausting & mentally draining.

Do you & your wife still employ a maid? Sure that's helping too.

Back
Top Bottom