FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I’m going to NYC in September. Seems like a lot of good food out there. Will need some recommendations. Confused with these 5 burrows.
Pretty simple. There's Manhattan/Bronx/Brooklyn/Queens & the forgotten child aka Staten Island, lol. Manhattan has all the hustle & bustle but there's plenty going on in the rest of the boroughs. What're you interested in, food? Entertainment? Touristy stuff?

Having a small party on Saturday and decided to cater food because I just can’t be bothered with cooking and preparing everything else. Anyone else have staples they need to have at a party?! Mine are mini empanadas which I’ll make and a good antipasto platter.
I love hosting.

Usually my go-to's are
Broccoli salad
fruit tray
Churros
Mac and cheese
Grilled/smoked meat of some sort
-Turkey burgers
-Chicken
-or maybe a brisket

I know its a weird mix but theres usually no leftovers.

For sure - that definitely matters but the combo of the burger + bottomless fries + milkshake + free chicken tenders is heavy. My guy Mr. Orange Meal would fast for 36 hours minimum after that in order to maintain and he’s in good shape :lol:

Ya’ll were trying to get at 30 Oz of vegetables and fruits at lunch but letting 3,000 calories slide :smh:

Respectfully, will the theme, food and general vibe of this small party/kickback be summer or fall based?
I hate y’all 😂 but hmm I guess fall based since there will be zero grilling

I’m going to NYC in September. Seems like a lot of good food out there. Will need some recommendations. Confused with these 5 burrows.
CB0637D9-AC91-4E82-AE3B-7EBB036FE6E7.jpeg

Having a small party on Saturday and decided to cater food because I just can’t be bothered with cooking and preparing everything else. Anyone else have staples they need to have at a party?! Mine are mini empanadas which I’ll make and a good antipasto platter.
Ceviche/Agua Chiles

mac and cheese
queso or nachos
sliders are always a hit
ribs

Whatever the hell you choose just please get a little bit too much of it so your guests eat comfortably.

Went to a party once that had nothing to eat and they grilled us each one burger.. I left there hungry and disappointed. :smh:

Got A Relative Like This. Legit Will Be Like "I Invited 12 People So Imma Get/Make 12 Hot Dogs" :rofl:

Damb Bruh What If They Want Tew Hut Dugs?

Whatever the hell you choose just please get a little bit too much of it so your guests eat comfortably.

Went to a party once that had nothing to eat and they grilled us each one burger.. I left there hungry and disappointed. :smh:
Oh no I always over do it because that is my biggest fear smh. I like to have left overs so people can take food home 😂

Nah I’m filterless with my family I’d bring some extra glizzys and buns and be like “I’ll cook em if you don’t want to”

I mean seriously an extra pack of dogs and buns are like $10? :lol:

This raises a good question because I know we got some grillmasters in here. Do any of y’all BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat)? Pause. How does that work? And do y’all commandeer the grill at another man/woman’s crib?

This raises a good question because I know we got some grillmasters in here. Do any of y’all BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat)? Pause. How does that work? And do y’all commandeer the grill at another man/woman’s crib?
I only bring my own meat if they ask me to bring something to throw on the grill. Usually go something easy like brats or hot dogs, unless specifically requested to bring something.

As a sign of respect to the person hosting / grilling, you don’t touch the grill unless asked. I always offer to grill what I brought if they don’t have time or don’t wanna grill it. They usually decline and say they got it.

Fun story- I went camping with some friends (group of 8 ). I brought a couple of ribeyes to cook up for me and the wife one night. Brought a cast iron and a little butane stove.

I cooked em up and one dude there made a comment at me about bringing our own food for dinner (they were sharing food which we also contributed to). It came off as if he was upset I didn’t buy everyone ribeyes to cook up :lol:

No idea why that was a big deal but he was also single and striking out with the single girls there so maybe it was an attempt to bag on me as a “cool guy”

Last edited:
57134BA4-FE6B-41DF-8C72-7B330972CD28.jpeg

My weekly cheat lunch from a local cafe & grill. I kept it simple and had the Classic Cheese Burger. I ordered it the default way which was a 8 oz patty, American cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, grilled onions, and mayo, therefore they did not have to cater to my demands. In hindsight I regret not adding pickles. Funny enough when the worker tasked with bringing food to my table dropped my food off he didn’t bring any napkins. I only noticed after the fact so I had to make a separate request for them. My only costs for this meal was all of it which ended up being $13.89.

57134BA4-FE6B-41DF-8C72-7B330972CD28.jpeg

My weekly cheat lunch from a local cafe & grill. I kept it simple and had the Classic Cheese Burger. I ordered it the default way which was a 8 oz patty, American cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, grilled onions, and mayo, therefore they did not have to cater to my demands. In hindsight I regret not adding pickles. Funny enough when the worker tasked with bringing food to my table dropped my food off he didn’t bring any napkins. I only noticed after the fact so I had to make a separate request for them. My only costs for this meal was all of it which ended up being $13.89.

Thanks for sharing this experience! I’m blinded by all the light in this burger photo so I actually can’t really see it but was the burger made on a conveyor belt? Were you filled up after this meal.

Back
Top Bottom