FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I had dinner at Red Robin yesterday evening for Labor Day Weekend.

I had the Smoke & Pepper burger.
IMG_7080.JPG

There was an unfortunate backwards ordeal with my dinner yesterday. I normally order double meat, but there was only a single patty when it was finished. I brought it to my server's attention. She acknowledged she made a mistake by not inputting extra patty when she took my order after checking her device. So I had to wait for them to cook the extra patty. The fries and burger weren't that warm by the time it was brought to me. I basically had a half warm, half cold burger. That's what I meant by backwards.

The server was actually OK and nice. But it's unfortunate she f'd up by omitting my request and it caused a delay with my dinner that way for things to be rectified. I opted not to tip her based on that error. I just couldn't reward her for f'ing up inadvertently. Hopefully, it will be a better experience if I deal with her next time.

Went to Cheesecake Factory last night.

1 slice of cheesecake is 1200-1500 calories depending on slice type.

I remember a few in here saying 3k is essentially a rare occurrence.. and I firmly disagree. :lol:

Not all 3K calorie “meals” (in this case two slices of cheesecake) are the same just like all 30 Oz lunches aren’t the same. Need to see how big that bag is but that 1350 calories is probably light work.

Going to need to do calorie estimates of future plate posts to back up your hypothesis though before I fully buy in.

I had dinner at Red Robin yesterday evening for Labor Day Weekend.

I had the Smoke & Pepper burger.
IMG_7080.JPG

There was an unfortunate backwards ordeal with my dinner yesterday. I normally order double meat, but there was only a single patty when it was finished. I brought it to my server's attention. She acknowledged she made a mistake by not inputting extra patty when she took my order after checking her device. So I had to wait for them to cook the extra patty. The fries and burger weren't that warm by the time it was brought to me. I basically had a half warm, half cold burger. That's what I meant by backwards.

The server was actually OK and nice. But it's unfortunate she f'd up by omitting my request and it caused a delay with my dinner that way for things to be rectified. I opted not to tip her based on that error. I just couldn't reward her for f'ing up inadvertently. Hopefully, it will be a better experience if I deal with her next time.

What the hell, man? You didn’t have them just make a whole new double patty burger? Did they at least comp your shake for your troubles?

Pizza night. Got a chance to try my new proofing box and pizza peel. Homemade tomato sauce with whole peeled tomatoes, salt, sugar , and olive oil. Having better luck with the peel with the pizza keeping its shape somewhat. I just need to move faster and the more reps I get the closer I’ll get to that near perfect circle.

BBQ chicken (left over Pecking House chicken) peeled off the skin and added bbq sauce

Pineapple and yellow pepper

Tomatoe pizza

Plain

IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3130.jpeg
IMG_3131.jpeg
IMG_3132.jpeg
IMG_3133.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3126.jpeg

"there's that guy that comes in all the time and doesn't tip"

good luck fam. you trust red robin workers? therealest1 therealest1
food industry is ruthless
I was wondering this. Treating the servers like that at a place you go to regularly is not going to be good. Ya'll stay encouraging this bs for your own entertainment.

Yea, all jokes aside therealest1 therealest1 , you might want to go somewhere else if that is what you are doing. They will remember you.

Go to the Palisades or the other place that you go to.

Yeah was it here ya'll were talking about 3000 calories being hard to reach? Actually I don't think folks realize how easy it is.

It was 3000 calories in one meal being wild/easy for da non frail/common for obese. All are probably true to some extent

It’s not a healthy amount of food to consume in a meal, it’s not particularly difficult to do, and the people doing it with any frequency are likely fat (or eating once a day)

High calorie deserts are the only thing getting me close to that and that’s after a generous amount of food. Might hit that 2-3x a year

"there's that guy that comes in all the time and doesn't tip"

good luck fam. you trust red robin workers? therealest1 therealest1
food industry is ruthless
Is there any truth to this “messing with customer’s food who don’t tip” business? Not that that I have any personal worries. I’m a great tipper, just curious.

Is there any truth to this “messing with customer’s food who don’t tip” business? Not that that I have any personal worries. I’m a great tipper, just curious.
Well I'd assume if you're a regular at a particular establishment and don't deal with the staff properly, there might be a likelihood they'll mess with your food. Imagine having a bad day and then the guy that never tips but expects you to go above and beyond in service walks in. Then has the nerve to ask you take a pic of him with his digital camera. They might do homie like the French toast scene in Road Trip

Back
Top Bottom