FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

broke in the smoker
AfterlightImage.jpeg

AfterlightImage.jpeg

smoked mac and cheese and creamed corn crème brûlée
AfterlightImage.jpeg

Some slamming tuna from Subway with the younger bro & sis-in-law. Topped that bad boy off with garlic aioli & chipotle sauce 🤤.

And than some pastries from my all time fave bakery in Bayside, Queens- Oasis, which I've posted about a bunch of in here. They got a new Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake one for Fall, Rainbow Cake, Banana Cream Pie, Oreo Caramel Mousse, regular Oreo Mouss, Rocky Mountain & Pontikaki which is Chocolate cake, chocolate mousse and a chocolate ganache finished with a cute lil chocolate mouse on top!

#NTEatsFirst
20230930_175327.jpg
20230930_181721.jpg
20230930_181837.jpg

Some slamming tuna from Subway with the younger bro & sis-in-law. Topped that bad boy off with garlic aioli & chipotle sauce 🤤.

And than some pastries from my all time fave bakery in Bayside, Queens- Oasis, which I've posted about a bunch of in here. They got a new Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake one for Fall, Rainbow Cake, Banana Cream Pie, Oreo Caramel Mousse, regular Oreo Mouss, Rocky Mountain & Pontikaki which is Chocolate cake, chocolate mousse and a chocolate ganache finished with a cute lil chocolate mouse on top!

#NTEatsFirst
20230930_175327.jpg
20230930_181721.jpg
20230930_181837.jpg
Tuna from Subways?

Your approval rating is about to take a major hit for the first time.

Tuna from Subways?

Your approval rating is about to take a major hit for the first time.
Yeah I figured I'd get some weird looks praising their tuna, lol. Idc what anyone says Subway tuna has always been good to me.

Their location next to my gym shutdown sometime ago & that was like at least 7 months ago. Having it yesterday after such a longtime made it taste even better. The garlic aioli adds a great flavor.

My approval rating shall stay intact.

Lil starter with creamed chantrelles, poached egg, asparagus, arugula, goat cheese, and brioche:
IMG_1075.jpeg

I decided on da brick chicken
IMG_1076.jpeg

Fiancée got a pork chop over parmesan mascarpone polenta, Brussels sprouts, peach ginger compote, and maple bacon vinaigrette
IMG_1077.jpeg

Pistachio thing was real good, chocolate thing in the back was whatever
IMG_1078.jpeg

The Brick Chicken does look tasty! Like Kaz said, I would have still gone with the scallops but I was also not aware of the pork chop choice. In this scenario I would have invested my significant other into getting the pork chop and splitting that the scallops. Get to have the scallops and further reduce the risk of leaving hungry due to inadequate portion size.

You did well though :lol: :smokin

Yeah I figured I'd get some weird looks praising their tuna, lol. Idc what anyone says Subway tuna has always been good to me.

Their location next to my gym shutdown sometime ago & that was like at least 7 months ago. Having it yesterday after such a longtime made it taste even better. The garlic aioli adds a great flavor.

My approval rating shall stay intact.
next time your in bayside try chips their menu until the 5th is wild berry strudel, cookies n cream
chocolate chip, peanut butter and jelly, triple chocolate, and cookie butter with biscoff.

they don't have it right now but the horchata cookie tastes good also.

next time your in bayside try chips their menu until the 5th is wild berry strudel, cookies n cream
chocolate chip, peanut butter and jelly, triple chocolate, and cookie butter with biscoff.

they don't have it right now but the horchata cookie tastes good also.

Thanks for the rec, I frequent Chip in Bayside once in a while. Last time I was there a cookie, 2 of their cookie scented candles & their cookie face tote bag cost me $96, lol. Needless to say I haven't & will not be lighting those expensive *** candles- EVER! :lol:

I love their chocolate chip cookie it's hands down their GOAT cookie(imo). Also love the PB&J one. The only one I didn't like from them was their carrot cake one. The carrot chunks were too thick for cookie consistency.

You ever try Moho Mexican Grill or Mango Mango Dessert? Both are located on Bell.

Thanks for the rec, I frequent Chip in Bayside once in a while. Last time I was there a cookie, 2 of their cookie scented candles & their cookie face tote bag cost me $96, lol. Needless to say I haven't & will not be lighting those expensive *** candles- EVER! :lol:

I love their chocolate chip cookie it's hands down their GOAT cookie(imo). Also love the PB&J one. The only one I didn't like from them was their carrot cake one. The carrot chunks were too thick for cookie consistency.

You ever try Moho Mexican Grill or Mango Mango Dessert? Both are located on Bell.
no never been to either one but they look with the trip thanks.

5F6D3EF4-D4F9-46FB-8023-4F17522EC4C2.jpeg

My man works at Makoto the Sushi joint but used to work at Dirty French - a steak house created by Mario Carbone so he knows a good bit of captains at Carbone

They started us off with complimentary champagne and after that 2 bottles of red wine

The hospitality was unreal like i said before about 6-7 diff captains came over and had everyone looking at our table like who are these people lol

The bread basket is so damn good - Tomato coated focaccia and some garlic bread

Started with some Carpaccio Piemontese, Assorted Baked Clams, Caesar salad than onto the pasta. Spicy Rigatoni Vodka and Tortellini Al Ragu than onto the meat. Veal marsala and veal parm

They come out and cut the Veal Parm with a pizza cutter into 4 pieces so fire

I really wish i had pics of the food but it was one of those nights where i didnt take my phone out once and just enjoyed the moment with friends

Veal Marsala IS SO ****ING GOOD . Pricey at $120 but Soooooooo worth it i promise

Was a great night overall

Everyone needs to treat themselves once in awhile you deserve it

Back
Top Bottom