FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Burgers for dinner t.nite from a halal spot called Sheiks & Burgers in Queens, NY. I got the spicy zinger burger & Sheiks supreme burger with onion rings. The Supreme was really good but onion rings not so much, lol.
2023-03-04.jpg
20230929_182411.jpg
20230929_182513.jpg
20230929_183141.jpg

I see your point, but I think there are people who would find it more objectionable to pay what they consider an exorbitant amount for a particular food item then paying what they would consider an average price for an item plus an additional amount labeled as a fair wage charge of whatever. So I can also see why places don't want to pass through increased costs solely by increasing menu prices.

I do not know for certain but I 100% believe it to be this. It is easier to pass the cost along to customers via a fee in large font than baking it into the prices :lol:

If you're adjusting menu prices (and not asking for tips) it should be clear why stated prices are higher. We know this model works in other countries

Americans are so conditioned to tipping (and not seeing a final price) that businesses would rather operate in this grey area

Here's the "price of your food"... here's a non-optional fee... here's tax... oh and still tip if you want

Love places that don't ask for tips. Even if I subconsciously know I'm spending about the same amount of $

Burgers for dinner t.nite from a halal spot called Sheiks & Burgers in Queens, NY. I got the spicy zinger burger & Sheiks supreme burger with onion rings. The Supreme was really good but onion rings not so much, lol.
2023-03-04.jpg
20230929_182411.jpg
20230929_182513.jpg
20230929_183141.jpg
those onions rings are a disgrace!!
tbh would need the buns toasted and the jalapenos to be grilled along witht he onions
meat looks fyeeee im hungry tonight mane

This looks so good and I like the fact that its right next to a clinic just in case.

Its not always gas.

HeartAttack_share.jpg
:lol: Just incase the lipids go too high just have to run in next door.
those onions rings are a disgrace!!
tbh would need the buns toasted and the jalapenos to be grilled along witht he onions
meat looks fyeeee im hungry tonight mane
Yes, these onion rings by far are some of the worst I've ever had. Buns were brioche & super soft so it worked but toasted would add to it you right.

If I ever go back I'll def ask for the jalapeños & onions to be grilled. Them jalapeños were packing some serious heat, man.

Good morning. Wife and kids are at Disney, I have all day to watch games. Going to be extra dirty today

One chorizo and egg burrito, one with beans added, 6 pack of Delos, funions hitting at halftime, and some smoke in between commercial breaks.

IMG_0109.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg
I see the dispensary delivery in there too. Getting after it early. :pimp: Respect.

Good morning. Wife and kids are at Disney, I have all day to watch games. Going to be extra dirty today

One chorizo and egg burrito, one with beans added, 6 pack of Delos, funions hitting at halftime, and some smoke in between commercial breaks.

IMG_0109.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg

breakfast set up is :emoji_fire:

but i’m so washed, i looked at these photos and immediately thought about how eating funions and a breakfast burrito w/hot sauce would give me indigestion before the first CFB game kicked off

18% service fee on a pickup order. $52 for a pizza and salad. Its getting ridiculous out here but dam its good.

20230929_215934.jpg
That’s a force, they are really charging extra even tho you picked it up. Sitting down with a waiter I get but pick up..nah

He's kinda right. If you eat clean for a while, the low quality unhealthy stuff you would tolerate almost disgusts you vs higher quality unhealthy stuff.

ie like a regular chain pizza vs the best mom and pop in your area.

Back
Top Bottom