FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

sac sucks...don't move here lol

but check #SacRamenCo Fine Dining & Sports Thread #ramen #pozole #pho thread in the Sports & Training thread. we talk bout food in there

New place Eastside MKE

Burger good. Soft serve with Mexican chocolate and churro. Pretty awesome

Capital Grill Hartford CT.

Those brussel sprouts top right were INSANE.

Filet. Lobster Mac + Cheese. Mash+Asparagus.

Went to the Capital Grill out here on Long Island.
I had the calarmari and lobster mac which were good as hell. I forgot what kind of steak I had but it was all good as hell. The service was on point too.

Yo if you live in the Glendale (CA) area, halal guys is opening there Friday and giving out free food for the first 1,000 people

its true. Place is OK.
nothing mindblowning...I'm still in Boston so I'm going to see if my cuzzo wanna hit up NY on Sunday. Really want to hit up Flushing to grub before i go back to Sac

i feel like you can get better bao at a mom n pop shop

Baohaus is cool, peep avy :pimp:
I'd recommend going there to grab a bite, the portions are kinda small anyways so it wont fill you up so you can also go to other places too like the halal guys restaurant around the corner

Do not. I repeat do not put pineapple in your macaroni salad. That **** is the worse and you can make a bomb salad with out it.

Chicken
Shredded carrots
Onions
Macaroni
Pepper
Super basic but you can add more depending on what it is

Last edited:
chicken macaroni salad -- basically mix everything together :

- 1 pound of elbow macaroni, al dente

- thinly shredded chicken, any part

- 1/2 cup easily melted cheese (i use velveeta from the philippines), shredded or cubed (i prefer the former)

- garlic, onion, salt, pepper to taste. i like to add ample garlic and onion

- julienned carrots, blanched for ~15 secs

- i don't like raisins so i don't put any

- half a cup of condensed milk + 1.5 cups light mayo for the dressing

my fruit salad recipe (if youre interested):

- 3/4 block of boxed philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature (not traditional at all, but this is my secret ingredient)

- 1 :nerd:z can table cream (found in asian markets, i use nestle brand)

- 1/2 can condensed milk (i don't like it too sweet)

- 1 large can filipino fruit cocktail (i use del monte brand) -- i don't remember the size of the can i use, but it's like 6-8 inches in height. i'm guessing ~32 ounces?

- 2 cans marashino cherries (i like to use ALOT), drained and stems removed

- 2 fuji apples, peeled and cubed

- 2 small cans mandarin oranges

- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract

procedure:

- drain fruit cocktail, marashino cherries, and mandarin oranges very well. like, toss the hell out of the contents in the strainer.

- using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. ~5 minutes

- put in vanilla extract, condensed milk, and table cream. beat thoroughly, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl to fully incorporate. important: mix until there are no more lumps

- place all the fruits and cream cheese dressing into a large bowl and fold to distribute the dressing well. refrigerate for several hours before serving

Last edited:

i'm not sure yet -- still looking for an apartment. probably elk grove-ish area
Luckily, Elk Grove is building a lot. So you'll have some good options out there.

Is your job in that area or in Downtown?

Downtown. Can't wait!
Have you considered finding a spot downtown? West Sac's Bridge District have some new apartments too.

IMO, I just find Elk Grove a commute into downtown, since everyone is headed towards that direction in the morning.

Either way, enjoy! You're moving into the area with a lot going on. Sacramento is definitely better than it was 5 years ago.

Last edited:
any good places to eat in sacramento? moving there this summer. 

anything but seafood, lol

ice cream: Gunther's , vic's, leatherby

Food: Sandra Dee's, Ironhorse, El rey, sauced bbq, South, Empress, Ten22, Ink, La Fiesta, Corti Bros, Pho Xe Lua, duc huong, Viet Ha, Vito's, Burgers and Brew, Lowbrau, der biergarten, El Novillero, Bacon and Butter, Kru, Station 16, Petra, Babylon city market, gyro 2 go, Mediterranean Bakery and Cuisine, International Market, tank house

@rck3sactown should be able to include more, but I'm sure he recommend not to move here like the others :lol:

Back
Top Bottom