FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

2nd bday dinner of the weekend

20240803_193708.jpg

What was wrong with the service
Whole thing felt like a restaurant with a staff composed entirely of kids home from college or a family restaurant that gives a job to anyone in the family. Extra pitas were only $1.50, but we asked if the entrees come with pita and we were told “whether it’s an appetizer or entree you’re gonna get some pita” so we just got entrees. We never got any pita and all of the servers walked next door and got Mister Softee in the midst of this. They then proceeded to eat in front of the truck and not come back to the restaurant until 20 minutes later. The food was good enough without the pita, but demands were not catered to. I was alright with it and overall I’d give them a 7/10. My fiancée was pissed though because she drove and paid for everything.

deuce king deuce king

Never in my life heard of a matcha BEER. How did it taste?

depends where you get it. but it tastes like beer with matcha aftertaste

this one i had in the picture was just okay.

ippudo in nyc used to do it too and it was amazing there. sadly i think they stopped serving it but i could be wrong.

a few katsu places in Kyoto do it too.

I ordered chow mein for the first time yesterday. I was curious because I saw some people say it's basically the same as lo mein but pan-fried until the noodles are a little crispy. I've also seen it as shredded vegetables in some sauce. Mine turned out to be a bunch of shredded cabbage, celery, and some broccoli in a vegetable stock sauce. Included was a small of deep fried noodles that you are usually given with soup.

Whole thing felt like a restaurant with a staff composed entirely of kids home from college or a family restaurant that gives a job to anyone in the family. Extra pitas were only $1.50, but we asked if the entrees come with pita and we were told “whether it’s an appetizer or entree you’re gonna get some pita” so we just got entrees. We never got any pita and all of the servers walked next door and got Mister Softee in the midst of this. They then proceeded to eat in front of the truck and not come back to the restaurant until 20 minutes later. The food was good enough without the pita, but demands were not catered to. I was alright with it and overall I’d give them a 7/10. My fiancée was pissed though because she drove and paid for everything.

deuce king deuce king

I got no problem with your fiancée paying for the meal……….but if you aren’t going to be the one driving for the both of you the least you and do is order and Uber champ. You don’t want to be seen as that guy in the passenger seat as your girl pulls up to the spot driving.

Back
Top Bottom