FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Most Mexican grocery stores sell refrigerated tortilla masa.

None around me do unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the one I normally buy tortillas from just uses maseca

I'll probably start with a good brand of masa harina and eventually cop a hand mill for the real deal

Lou Malnati's- Any location

Chicago River Tour- Take in the sights & sounds of the gorgeous Chicago River. This is one of my absolute favorite things to do in Chicago

Bang Bang Pies- 2051 N California Ave, Chicago, IL 60647. Delicious pies & comfort food. Some of the most delicious food I've had the pleasure of eating in Chicago

Doughnut Vault- 401 N Franklin St, Chicago, IL 60654. Delicious pillowy donuts, the Mexican chocolate one was insanely good

The Bean- Originally known as Cloud Gate is a neat public sculpture that is the centerpiece of Grainger Plaza at Millennium Park in the Loop community area of Chicago. Makes for a cool photo op

Sears Tower- 233 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606. Definitely tour this iconic American Skyscraper & please do not call it the Willis Tower, lol

Garrett Popcorn Shops- 4 E Madison St, Chicago, IL 60602. Original Chicago gourmet popcorn brand serving specialty flavored popcorn in tins & party packs. I personally haven't been here but have heard it's really good

If you have time & are a car guy checkout Volo Museum. Established in 1960 by the Grams family, the Volo Auto Museum is an automobile museum and collector car dealer in the Chicago suburb of Volo, Illinois, US. I definitely want to go here next time I'm in Illinois. It's about 55 miles out from Chicago so 1 hr & 40 mins drive.

Giordano's for deep dish
#welp
Looks like that's our whole Saturday morning and Sunday all day.
😂🔥
Many thanks, my friend.

darthska darthska

I forgot to add Buckingham Fountain- 301 S Columbus Dr, Chicago, IL 60605. It's a beautiful water fountain in the center of Grant Park. Built in 1927 & donated to the city by philanthropist Kate S. Buckingham, it is one of the largest fountains in the world. Very very beautiful to look at & take pictures of

BP Pedestrian Bridge- BP Pedestrian Bridge, Chicago, IL 60601. Kool little footbridge that when you walk on it reduces the surrounding noise around you. Basically creates an acoustic barrier from the traffic noise from the adjacent Columbus Drive. The views are phenomenal here
Noted. 🔥

#welp
Looks like that's our whole Saturday morning and Sunday all day.
😂🔥
Many thanks, my friend.
Anytime, brother. Is it your first time in ChiTown? Chicago is such a lovely city, man. It's always always a good time. I forgot to add the Pequod's address so here it is- 2207 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago, IL 60614. Their portions are huge so if you're a small group a small or medium pie should suffice. Just be super patient because you will wait an hour +. They get packed as soon as they open their doors. Staff is friendly and do try to accomodate patrons as best as possible but fall slow on service because of the insane rush but they're very friendly with typical Midwest polite personalities.

Also, since you'll be going in November make sure you pack some hoodies & warm clothes(jacket if you're the type to feel cold easily)...it's the Midwest so the temps can drop fast with bipolar weather. Also, if you can squeeze it in checkout the Starbucks Reserve Roastery- 646 Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611. It's 1 of 3 or 1 of 4 Starbucks Reserves in the US. I went to the one here in NYC couple of years ago & I have to say it was pretty neat with a lot of cool merch for sale.

Also, towards the end of the River tour you'll see the abandoned building they used to shoot The Dark Knight opening bank robbery scene. Keep an eye out for it. In plainview it's just an old post office but if you are blessed with a knowledgeable tour guide they'll point it out to you. This is the building

FB18FB70-47AD-4AAD-AAFE-B9EC9EECB1B0.jpeg

This is the scene :pimp:

Is it your first time in ChiTown?
Yep.
Moved to Illinois in 2012, bought a house in 2021... but I'm talking about southern Illinois, 6 hours driving from Chicago.
😂😬
So yeah, never been.
If we want to go to a big city to go do something, STL is an hour and a 1/2 away, and Nashville and Memphis are 3 hours away.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

towards the end of the River tour you'll see the abandoned building they used to shoot The Dark Knight opening bank robbery scene. Keep an eye out for it. In plainview it's just an old post office but if you are blessed with a knowledgeable tour guide they'll point it out to you. This is the building

😳😳😳😳😳😳
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Usually not one for fufu dinners but traveling for work and got to eat nice on company dime..

Jalapeño poppers, filled with jalapeño infused aged cheddar, topped with wagyu prosciutto (I think), truffles, and a truffle aioli sauce.
IMG_1048.jpeg

Wagyu burger with an onion jam and some sort of fancy aged cheese
IMG_1049.jpeg

Some sort of smore chocolate slice. Graham cracker crust. Toasted marshmallow topping. Side of rocky road ice cream.
IMG_1053.jpeg

I was very out of my element, much prefer RR.

That's a LOTNof chocolate.

What do you.mean by fufu dinners? spizike231 spizike231
This place had “experiences”, and I don’t usually care for an expensive dish with truffle and 4 little marble sized poppers.

They told us they had oysters, “east coast oysters or west coast oysters. Whichever you prefer.”
Fufu.

Anytime, brother. Is it your first time in ChiTown? Chicago is such a lovely city, man. It's always always a good time. I forgot to add the Pequod's address so here it is- 2207 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago, IL 60614. Their portions are huge so if you're a small group a small or medium pie should suffice. Just be super patient because you will wait an hour +. They get packed as soon as they open their doors. Staff is friendly and do try to accomodate patrons as best as possible but fall slow on service because of the insane rush but they're very friendly with typical Midwest polite personalities.

Also, since you'll be going in November make sure you pack some hoodies & warm clothes(jacket if you're the type to feel cold easily)...it's the Midwest so the temps can drop fast with bipolar weather. Also, if you can squeeze it in checkout the Starbucks Reserve Roastery- 646 Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611. It's 1 of 3 or 1 of 4 Starbucks Reserves in the US. I went to the one here in NYC couple of years ago & I have to say it was pretty neat with a lot of cool merch for sale.

Also, towards the end of the River tour you'll see the abandoned building they used to shoot The Dark Knight opening bank robbery scene. Keep an eye out for it. In plainview it's just an old post office but if you are blessed with a knowledgeable tour guide they'll point it out to you. This is the building

my favorite opening scene of all time.

Ghanaian co-worker brought some of these back from her trip home over the summer.

These are some damn good Plantain chips man. Great density like the Trader Joe's versions.

Judi Foods Plantain Chips- Unripe, Salted Plantain Chips, Organic Chips, Crispy Exotic Chips, 7.05 Ounce (Pack of 3)

Family and are thinking about moving to Maryland. How is the food scene and quality of life. Our boys are homeschooled so that’s one less thing to worry about.

I keep seeing Silver Spring pop up.

Back
Top Bottom