FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

28” pies from Ripienos. Seems like something that could pretty easily be messed up (I didn’t place the order), but I thought they were cooked great and tasted really good. Best pizza I’ve had down there.

Fractured Prunes always hits.

Funny we also had Ripienos - thought it was just OK

Funny we also had Ripienos - thought it was just OK
It was my first time having it. Feel like majority of the pizza spots down there are kinda meh, but this seemed like a big step up.

Shotti’s Point is where the other pizza in the post was from. As well as the wings. That might be my favorite bar food spot in town.

It was my first time having it. Feel like majority of the pizza spots down there are kinda meh, but this seemed like a big step up.

Shotti’s Point is where the other pizza in the post was from. As well as the wings. That might be my favorite bar food spot in town.

Never been to Shotti’s - yeah was our first time having it as well.

We usually stick to Hooked, Liquid Assets and Fager’s and Rosenfelds (RIP) for lunch

This is the 2nd year we’ve gone right after Labor Day. Kids aren’t in school yet so didn’t have to worry about that. Perfect time to go. Can get in everywhere easy, beach isn’t packed, but wouldn’t consider it “dead”.

Yeah I left to head back to DC the Friday of LDW - week was pretty much what you described.

This is my view - had only one solid weather day smh

74664625236__C9F717A5-46C2-4046-B4A4-FC14D1E5DD31.jpeg

Rice wrap with a ginger scallion dip and a spicy peanut butter dip. Ginger scallion could have used more ginger. Peanut butter dip was fire. Only bad thing, I had to clean everything like a mad man since both kids have peanut allergies.

I need to work on my rolling.

Porkchop
Mint
Carrot
Cucumber
Rice noodles

Madeline might be my new favorite kitchen gadget behind my food processor.

IMG_7200.jpeg

IMG_7199.jpeg

IMG_7198.jpeg
IMG_7193.jpeg
IMG_7196.jpeg
IMG_7197.jpeg
IMG_7201.jpeg
IMG_7202.jpeg

bro, once again the same Wendy’s that had no one at work that day….

Now they tel me the power went out & all the lights were on..

This Kendall drive & 139th location is problematic when it comes to serving breakfast, they don’t like to serve breakfast.

Hate having to eat after I get out work before I hit the studio.

It boggles me down… I need to be nourished & digested or it just don’t work well in the studio.

But yea Wendy’s ****s everything.

Edit: the hell with today man, studio is cancelled for today. Gonna have to go eat, 3 hours wasted out of the day. Vibes is dead, **** the studio today G.

Last edited:
Will be there this weekend

So far for on my list
Monteverde
Boka
Tzuco
Kasama
Moody tongue
Au cheval

Sounds like a good trip

I think as long as expectations are in order Pequod's shouldn't disappoint. It's not life changing but is very much in line with good deep dish

People complain it's too bready and sauce too acidic compared to others but to me those are pluses. As is the caramelized crust

If you enjoy hoppy beer order a Zombie Dust

Sounds like a good trip

I think as long as expectations are in order Pequod's shouldn't disappoint. It's not life changing but is very much in line with good deep dish

People complain it's too bready and sauce too acidic compared to others but to me those are pluses. As is the caramelized crust

If you enjoy hoppy beer order a Zombie Dust
Thanks we usually do Lou malnati’s which was like a year ago.
And that’s the last time we had a deep dish so we never tire of it. Me and my wife go to Chicago almost once a year. We fell in love with this city and the food is so on point. Along with h-town, I’m putting Chicago up there with some of my favorite food cities.

Back
Top Bottom